Christmas- Week Four Mom Tips
“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14.
Here are some great Mom Tips designed to help you to make this Christmas season meaningful and fun!
Print out this list and keep it on your fridge all week check them off as you do them. Choose one tip or several!
Don’t try to do everything this Christmas season. Only do those activities which you and your husband prayerfully feel is right for your family! Let go of everything else! We will be giving you lots of ideas, but remember the Help Club motto: “You do you!”
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- As we prepare our Christmas celebrations, focus on serving your loved ones with peace, love, kindness and joy. Remember to let the light of Jesus shine through you.
- Reach out and consider inviting someone over to celebrate Christmas with your family, someone who might be alone or for whom circumstances make it difficult to travel to be with family. We are all one family of God!
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Create a habit of praying for your husband. Pray every time you switch the laundry or do the dishes.
- Write a heartfelt Christmas card for your husband. Pray about what to write. Tell him how much you appreciate him, and point out how he has grown as a man of God. Mention the good plans God has for him, and be specific.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Take time this week to read your children the Christmas story directly from God’s word. Luke 2:1-20
- Make gifts for neighbors. Even a dozen cookies on a paper plate is sweet! Walk to their door with your children and show them how to spread the love of Jesus at Christmas to those around you!
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Plan your meals for Christmas at the beginning of the week. Do any necessary grocery shopping and food prep to eliminate stress.
- Set a timer for 20 minutes or play some Christmas music and clean up your house for Christmas. It is easier to enjoy your family and focus on Jesus when we are not distracted by clutter and mess.
- Have a Christmas Eve Date Night with your husband. While the children are asleep, make some tea or hot cocoa, snuggle up on the couch with some cookies and watch your favorite Christmas movie.
Join the community! Share your thoughts, experiences or insight!
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."