“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
Let the Christmas Countdown begin!
Here are some great Mom Tips designed to help you to make this Christmas season meaningful and fun!
Print out this list and keep it on your fridge all week check them off as you do them. Choose one tip or several!
Don’t try to do everything this Christmas season. Only do those activities which you and your husband prayerfully feel is right for your family! Let go of everything else! We will be giving you lots of ideas, but remember the Help Club motto: “You do you!”
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Think of a Christmas hymn that touches you. Print or write out the lyrics, and read them after your quiet time one or two days this week.
- Pray for a Bible verse to go with the hymn and write it in your journal. Whenever you hear the song, you will remember the true meaning behind it as well as the Scripture God gave you.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Start a yearly tradition just for you and your husband. Plan a quiet or festive date night, and make it a priority. Setting aside time to keep your marriage healthy during a potentially stressful time of year will help you view each other as partners, not adversaries. Here are some simple ideas: go out for dessert or tea and take the long way home to enjoy Christmas lights, bundle up go for a walk in the snow, or go ice skating.
- Find some way to pamper your husband this month. Have a hot cup of cocoa ready when he gets home, set aside extra Christmas cookies just for him, write him a heartfelt Christmas card, or just remember to pause the Christmas preparations to give him a smile and a big kiss.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Make a handprint tree skirt. Simply take a plain felt tree scarf and make hand prints by painting your child’s hands with acrylic paint and press them into the tree skirt. Write the child’s name and year. Repeat each year and watch your children grow! Have a special dessert each time you do this.
- Involve your children in gift wrapping! Have them make handmade gift tags! It is cheaper than the store bought ones and helps your kids feel involved in gift-giving! Set up a station for them with paper, stickers, and markers and while you wrap, they make cards. It is always a lot of fun!
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Set up a hot cocoa station on your counter. Use pretty jars or containers and a tray to hold all of your hot cocoa fixings (cocoa, marshmallows, candy canes, sprinkles, etc). Now you have everything at your fingertips for when your children come in out of the cold. It is also fun for each child to occasionally make his own special treat!
- Get ready for your house guests ahead of time! Make homemade bread or cinnamon rolls before they get into town then freeze them! Then all you need to do is set them our of the freezer the night before to thaw and warm them up in the oven the next morning. throw together some eggs and bake some bacon in the oven and you have a great delicious meal with minimal effort.
- Make a gift- wrap organizer- Purchase under the bed organizer tote and fill with Christmas gift wrap, bags, tissue paper, gift tags, ribbon, tape, scissors, etc. You could even make one for a gift!
Join the community! Share your thoughts, experiences or insight![/box]