Easter Mom Tips Week 2
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Keep this list on your fridge for two weeks. Pick one or two things each week to try and check them off as you do them.
You can also do more than what is suggested. You do you! We all are in different stages of our lives.
Simply pray about which Mom Tips to do and do only those. Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Record Romans 8:28 on your phone or write it on your chalkboard. Make it personal by replacing “those” with your name.
- Prayerfully consider fasting a meal, caffeine, chocolate, or something you feel God asking you to give up this week. It could be for one meal, one day, or the whole week. Is there a question or concern that you need to give over to God? Use the practice of Fasting to help you grow closer to the Lord and understand his plan for you. It helps to make your fasting more effective if you plan special time in Bible reading and prayer. This way, the day or week doesn’t go by, and you haven’t had time with God.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Offer to do an errand or a chore for your husband this week to make his life a little bit easier. Do this graciously and without expectations of a returned favor.
- Speak words of affirmation to your husband every day this week. Some great examples are: I really appreciate you, You are my protector, You are awesome, Thank You for (fill in the blank), I love being with you and You know how to make me happy.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Play “I love you more” with your kids. This is a great game to play in the car while driving from one activity to another. An example is “I love you more than coffee.” Encourage them to be creative. Use this moment to tell your kids about the overwhelming love of Jesus. Explain how Jesus loved us so much that he was willing to die on the cross for them.
- Choose a Godly characteristic to teach to your child this week. A great resource for this task is: http://graceonlinelibrary.org/home-family/christian-parenting/49-godly-character-qualities/
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- For our weekly home organization task, tackle your baseboards this week. Dust all the baseboards in your home and vacuum the edge along the carpet. Used dryer sheets are great tools for completing this task.
- Continue your 40 items in 40 days purge in your home. Take the items you have set aside for donation to the Goodwill.
Join the conversation: What’s your favorite Mom Tip you have ever tried?
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."