“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Simply pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you accomplish them. You can also do more than what is suggested. You do you! We all are in different stages of our lives.
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Purchase yourself a beautiful potted flower such as a hyacinth or lily. Make a card with the words of Ecclesiastes 3:11. Tape it to a popsicle stick and put it in the pot. Use this as a reminder of how much God loves you. Place the pot on your dining room table.
- Be thankful during your prayer time this week. Thank God for not only the big things he has done for you but the little things too. Take one day and pray this way with your children. Help them learn the attitude of gratitude. It will do wonders for your spirit too.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Pray for your husband that he will be content with the life you are leading as a couple and family. Find a way to encourage him with 1 Timothy 6:7-8 or Psalm 27:1
- Take a walk with your husband this week. Take the opportunity to talk with one another. Open up about what you are currently struggling against and ask him to pray for you. Pray together at the end of your walk.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Dye Easter Eggs with your kids this week. Gather all the supplies, hard boil the eggs and have some fun together. Use this activity to teach your children how God “colors” our lives. We all start out the same (a plain white egg), but when we love for God, he brings beauty out in all of us.
- Teach your children John 11:25-26 this week. Write it on your chalkboard or in dry erase on the mirror in the kids’ bathroom. Encourage them to memorize the two verses.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Make Hot Cross Bus with your family this week. Hot Cross Buns are a sweet bun made with raisins and marked with a cross on top. People traditionally eat them on Good Friday. Here is a great quick recipe: Quick Hot Cross Buns
- Plan your Easter dinner at the beginning of the week. Is there any prep work or baking you can complete before Wednesday? Planning ahead will allow you to spend time with your family Easter Sunday.
Join the conversation: What’s your favorite Mom Tip you have ever tried?
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."