Easter Mom Tips Week 1
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and roles as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Simply pray about which ideas to try. Keep this list on your fridge all week, and check the tips off as you accomplish them. You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Prepare yourself for the Easter Season by reading Mark 14. Pay close attention to verses 22-25. Write them down in your journal.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to be present in your home during the Easter Season. Pray for His calmness to wrap around your family so you can see all the good brought into your life through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Write Ephesians 3:16-19 in your journal. Pray these words over your husband every day this week during your quiet time.
- Talk with your husband about his expectations for Lent/Easter. Make a plan together on how to celebrate best as a family to glorify the Lord.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Choose an Easter Devotion to do with your children. Make or purchase any necessary items or props needed.There are several options online that are simple and powerful. Most devotions last between 1 to 2 weeks. Take the time to be prepared.
- Take time this week to help your children memorize Matthew 28:6. Use this opportunity to begin talking about the resurrection with your children.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- In our stage of home organization, we are going to tackle under the sink cabinets. Plan to do all your bathrooms and kitchen. Pull everything out and wipe down the empty cabinet. Throw away anything empty or no longer usable. Put all items back in an orderly manner. If something does not belong, move it to its rightful home.
- Push yourself to complete the “40 items in 40 days” challenge. For the next 40 days (The Lenten Season), remove one item from your closet, kitchen or storage room and place it in a box for donation. Take the box to your local Goodwill after Easter.
Join the conversation: What’s your favorite Mom Tip you have ever tried?
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."