Easter Mom Tips Week 3
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Keep this list on your fridge for two weeks. Pick one or two things each week to try and check them off as you do them.
You can also do more than what is suggested. You do you! We all are in different stages of our lives.
Simply pray about which Mom Tips to do and do only those. Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Write a bible verse on a card and place it somewhere where you will see it several times a day. Maybe stick the card in your car visor and read it every time you get into your car. At the end of the week, reflect on the week, and you will see examples of the Lord using your verse to speak to you. Consider using one of the following verses: James 1:5, Colossians 1:22, Matthew 5:14, Colossians 1:13, Ephesians 2:18, 2 Timothy 1:7 or Romans 8:35.
- Begin your day every morning this week by praying before you get out of bed. Turn to God before you turn to your phone or the coffee pot. Put God first in your day.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Pray for spiritual awareness for your husband during your quiet time this week. Ask the Lord to open your eyes to ways to help your husband grow stronger in his relationship with God.
- Work on fostering an atmosphere of laughter and joy in your home. Look for ways to laugh with your husband this week.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Plant some seeds with your kids this week. Go to your local gardening store and have each child pick a packet of seeds. Let your kids plant the seed in the dirt and place your pots in a sunny area of your home. Some great containers to use are toilet paper tubes, clear plastic cups or small pots. Read Colossians 2:7 to your kids and help them memorize this verse.
- “Egg” a friend or neighbor this week. Have your kids create a homemade Easter card, make some cookies and drop them off to a friend or neighbor. Another great idea is to place plastic eggs full of Easter candy in an empty egg carton.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- For our weekly home organization task, clean and dust all of the blinds and window treatments in your home. Also, take the time to wash your windows.
- Create a Family Easter Service Jar. Find a cute jar and bag of cotton balls or pompoms. Read Ephesians 4:32 to your family and emphasize that Easter is a time to remember all the ways Jesus has shown kindness to us. Explain that every time they do a kind act for someone, they can put a “bunny tail” in the jar. When the jar is full, plan a special family treat or activity.
Join the conversation: What’s your favorite Mom Tip you have ever tried?
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."