Easy Meal! Cook-Once, Eat-Twice!
Easy Meal Day 1 :
Slow Cooker Taco Chicken
2-4 pounds chicken breasts
1/3 c. homemade taco seasoning or just one store bought package
1 can chopped green chiles
- Add all ingredients to your crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- With two forks shred your chicken and mix in with all the yummy juices. Add to tortillas add your favorite taco toppings.
Note: This makes a Lot of Chicken so you will use your leftovers for Day Two recipe. Simply freeze the leftovers and use them the next time you need a quick and easy meal!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
(1 c.) ¼ c. chili powder
(2 tbsp.) 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
(2 tbsp.) 1 ½ tsp. onion powder
(4 tsp.) 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes ( I add less because this can make it a little spicy for the kids, so keep that in mind)
(2 tbsp.) 1 ½ tsp. dried oregano
(2 tbsp.) 1 ½ tsp. paprika
(4tbsp.) 1 tbsp. cumin
(4tbsp.) 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
(4 tsp.) 1 tsp. black pepper
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together until completely incorporated.
- Store in a mason jar or airtight container.
Note: Measurements in red are a 4x batch quantity.
Easy Meal Day 2: Use your Leftover frozen Shredded Taco Chicken. Simply thaw the chicken out in the fridge the night before and have it ready to use in this recipe! Super easy!
Layered Chicken Taco Casserole
Approximately 2 cups of shredded taco chicken
2 cans kidney bean, drained or 2-3 cups homemade cooked beans
8 oz. shredded Mexican blend, or your favorite, cheese
16 oz. jar of your favorite salsa
20 ct. pkg. corn tortilla chips
- Spray your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Spread a couple spoonsful of salsa on bottom of crockpot.
- Next layer 3 corn tortillas on top of the salsa. (hint: place two tortillas on each end then tear the third tortilla in half and fill in the empty gaps filling the spaces to complete the layer).
- Spread a couple spoonsful of salsa evenly over the tortilla.
- Next, spread a couple spoonsful of beans evenly on top of tortilla. Repeat with chicken, then sprinkle a small handful of cheese on top.
- Repeat layers until all the beans and chicken are used up.
- On the top, add a final layer of tortilla with just salsa and cheese on top.
- Cook on low in your crockpot for 2-4 hours and top with your favorite toppings: salsa, sour cream, green onion, etc.