“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Simply pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you complete each one. You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Write Proverbs 27:9 in your prayer journal and on your bathroom mirror. Memorize it by the end of the week.
- Take yourself out on a date this week. Remind yourself what you like about you, what makes you tick and give yourself a little breathing room. You will come back to your everyday life refreshed and with a renewed perspective.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Encourage your husband to spend some time with his God-Loving friends this week. If he lacks this type of friend, pray that God will bring strong Christian men to walk with him in this life.
- Make an extra effort to grow the friendship between you and your husband this week. Go out for coffee, get up a few minutes earlier and make breakfast for the kids or go for a walk. Use this time to talk about anything that comes to mind. Remember to laugh with your spouse.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Pray for your children’s friendships this week. Do your kids lack special friends? Pray that God will bring that special friend into their life.
- Plan a simple play date for your children this week. Nothing fancy. Simply invite some friends over to play in the backyard and enjoy some popsicles for a treat.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Create a Friendship Garden for your home. You can choose to plant this inside in a pot or outside in your yard. Pick a variety of plants, herbs or flowers to represent the friends in your life (past and present). Take time to water and care for the plants just like you would invest time and attention in your friendships.
- Create an atmosphere of Friendship in your home. Speak to one another with kindness. Be inclusive. Laugh often. Have fun. Choose to love first. Always think the best of the other person.
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."