Friendship Mom Tips Week 2
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Simply pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you accomplish them. You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Write Proverbs 17:17 on a notecard, in your journal or on your chalkboard. Memorize the verse by the end of the week. Put the words of the simple verse into action this week.
- Reach out to a friend with whom you have lost contact or have a difficult relationship. Call her on the phone and let her know she is loved and valued. Follow up with a note in the mail.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Pray for/over friendship with your husband this week. A beautiful set of verses to start with is Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
- Do something to show your spouse some special appreciation this week. It could be a night off from the family nighttime routine, time to get in a run or that book he keeps mentioning. Nurturing friendship in a marriage takes time and effort, and the rewards will last a lifetime.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Make a simple craft with your children. A fun (and easy) craft to make is hand print bookmarks. Simply trace your child’s hand on a piece of construction paper, cut it out and decorate. Glue it onto a Popsicle stick and you are done! Visit someone on your street or in your neighborhood who is sick or elderly who could use the cheering up. Take them one of your creations.
- Pray about your summer plans for your children. Ask God to guide you to plan the right amount of activities and to allow enough time to play and relax as a family.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Pull out your children’s swimsuits and make sure they still fit. If not, purchase new suits in the correct sizes. Don’t forget new flip flops or water socks too!
- Write Psalm 32:7 in your kitchen or living room. Read it out loud every time you walk into the room.
Post a comment & talk about it.
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."