“They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8
Thank you so much for your desire to lead a Help Club for Moms small group! We are so honored to have you join us and we are so excited to see how God uses your faith to impact your community for Christ!
The Help Club for Moms is a community launching around the world with one goal: to impact eternity, one mama at a time. We are an authentic group of moms who seek to grow transparently together and to know personally the God who created us. We do this through intentional Bible study, faithful prayer relationships, fellowship, and practical “Mom Tips” designed to help us to become all that God created us to be. Your desire to share the things you are learning in Help Club for Moms with other mamas will strengthen families, marriages, and moms around the globe. Come as you are and journey with us. We look forward to growing deeper together!
What are some of the qualities of a Help Club for Moms Small Group Leader?
- A Help Club for Moms group leader believes that prayer changes everything, and is committed to praying for the women in her group the days before and in the days after meeting together.
- She leans heavily on the Holy Spirit for the words to share, the prayers to pray, and the questions to ask the small group.
- She faithfully completes the Help Club for Moms Bible studies each week because she seeks to grow and know God personally.
- She will honor God by loving each woman in her group authentically, transparently, encouragingly, and with humility.
- She is committed to lead the small group for the duration of the semester.
- She will prayerfully consider inviting a co-leader to join her in group leadership and prayer for the women in the small group.
Helpful Tips on running a group:
- Pray and ask God to bring you the women who He wants to be in your group. He is faithful and will provide!
- Choose the best type of group to fit your needs. Weekday with children or nighttime/weekend with just moms. You can also rotate between the two.
- Have the schedule of meetings and location planned out ahead of time.
- Talk about expectations for the group at the beginning. Ask the moms to share what’s they would like to learn and gain from the group, and be sure to ask them how they would like to help. Many hands make light work and serving helps people feel like they are a part of the community! Also, be sure to let the ladies in your group know it will be a safe place to share and grow. Help them to remember not to judge one another’s parenting, children, marriages or where they are in their walk with Christ. James 2:13 tells us, Mercy triumphs over judgment!
- Purchase your copy of “The Wise Woman Cares” or follow along on HelpClubForMoms.com. These quick but rich Bible studies are perfect for busy moms in a small group setting. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on discounts for 5 or more books.
Prayerfully pick a Co-Leader: We recommend that every HCFM small group leader partner with a co-leader in her group. All of us at the Help Club work together in teams. Why? Because having someone who will encourage, pray and support you as you lead is of the utmost importance! The simple act of having someone who you can pray with about the group, and also prays for the moms in the group is essential. When you are alone, you are a target from Satan, but when you have a partner to serve and pray with you are stronger together! Remember, “A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12.
Once registered as a small group leader, our team will email you and offer you the option to be in a leadership group which our leaders host on Facebook.
We are praying for you! Please email us or message our Help Club for Moms Facebook page with any questions or concerns. God has good things coming as you step out in Faith!