Here’s Brandi Carson, one of HCFM’s Meal Masters with this week’s Food For the Soul!
“It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God,’” Matthew 4:4.
Several years ago I learned the importance of listening to God. During this time, I felt the Lord tell me that our family needed to slow down and spend more quality time together. We were so busy and constantly going from place to place in a busy blur.
Thus, the family night was born. Now, every Friday night we snuggle up together on the couch for a family movie or we play a game. But we always start with homemade pizza.
By listening to Christ and instituting a weekly family night, we have changed our family patterns. We have become closer to one another and closer to Christ.
When you take the time to listen to the Lord he will speak to you. Romans 8:14 says, “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” When you obey what He tells you, He will bless you immensely!
Try our favorite homemade pizza dough recipe. We pray this will bless you and your family!
Homemade Pizza Dough
Ingredients: Print Recipe
1 package (or 2 1/2tsp.) of active dry yeast
1 tsp. honey
1 c. warm water (no more than 115 degrees or it will kill the yeast)
3 cups bread flour (or all-purpose)
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil.
1. In a small bowl dissolve honey and yeast in the warm water.
2. In a stand mixer, or large bowl, combine flour and salt. With dough hook attachment mix until well combined.
3. On low speed combine yeast mixture and oil with the flour mixture. Continue mixing with dough hook on low speed until mixture comes cleanly away from bowl. May take up to five minutes.
4. Turn dough out onto a clean surface and knead by hand for a few minutes longer or until the dough is firm and smooth.
5. Oil a large bowl and place dough in bowl and flip so it is well coated with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30-45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
6. Preheat your oven to 450.
7. Now your dough is ready to make into a pizza. You can either cut it into half for smaller pizzas or make one large pizza.
8. Dust your work surface lightly with flour and either roll your dough out or spread it out with your fingers.
9. Now add whatever sauce and toppings your family likes. Top with cheese.
10. Bake anywhere from 12-18 minutes depending on the thickness of crust and size of your pizza.
My husband and I got married very young and started a family right away. Life has been a series of many trials that we have had to work through, like having a daughter with severe ADHD, moving to 4 different states in 2 years, health problems and just life in general. Through the years the Lord has shown me so much grace and love and has taught me so much about how to be humble, show love and grace.
Each day I strive to be the best mama and wife I can be and fulfill the calling the Lord has placed in my life. I have a passion to help other mamas in any way I can. I am still a work in progress and make mistakes like everyone else and am nowhere near perfect but I am learning to pick myself up, forgive myself and keep seeking the Lord in all I do.
We are finally settled in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado for the past few years where the Lord has allowed us to build a house and grow roots. He brought me the Help Club for Moms and the amazing community I get to be a part of.