Homemade Pizza Dough
Here’s Brandi Carson, one of HCFM’s Meal Masters with this week’s Food For the Soul!
“It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God,’” Matthew 4:4.
Several years ago I learned the importance of listening to God. During this time, I felt the Lord tell me that our family needed to slow down and spend more quality time together. We were so busy and constantly going from place to place in a busy blur.
Thus, the family night was born. Now, every Friday night we snuggle up together on the couch for a family movie or we play a game. But we always start with homemade pizza.
By listening to Christ and instituting a weekly family night, we have changed our family patterns. We have become closer to one another and closer to Christ.
When you take the time to listen to the Lord he will speak to you. Romans 8:14 says, “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” When you obey what He tells you, He will bless you immensely!
Try our favorite homemade pizza dough recipe. We pray this will bless you and your family!
Homemade Pizza Dough
Ingredients: Print Recipe
1 package (or 2 1/2tsp.) of active dry yeast
1 tsp. honey
1 c. warm water (no more than 115 degrees or it will kill the yeast)
3 cups bread flour (or all-purpose)
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil.
1. In a small bowl dissolve honey and yeast in the warm water.
2. In a stand mixer, or large bowl, combine flour and salt. With dough hook attachment mix until well combined.
3. On low speed combine yeast mixture and oil with the flour mixture. Continue mixing with dough hook on low speed until mixture comes cleanly away from bowl. May take up to five minutes.
4. Turn dough out onto a clean surface and knead by hand for a few minutes longer or until the dough is firm and smooth.
5. Oil a large bowl and place dough in bowl and flip so it is well coated with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30-45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
6. Preheat your oven to 450.
7. Now your dough is ready to make into a pizza. You can either cut it into half for smaller pizzas or make one large pizza.
8. Dust your work surface lightly with flour and either roll your dough out or spread it out with your fingers.
9. Now add whatever sauce and toppings your family likes. Top with cheese.
10. Bake anywhere from 12-18 minutes depending on the thickness of crust and size of your pizza.