“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and roles as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Simply pray about which ideas to try. Keep this list on your fridge all week, and check the tips off as you accomplish them. You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Choose to speak with kindness at least one day this week. Season all of your words with love and kindness even if you find yourself in a situation that makes you angry. Choose to delay your response and respond in a kind and loving manner. Be an example for your children on how to react.
- Write Proverbs 3:3 in your journal and on a notecard to keep in your car. Use it as a reminder to always approach those around you with kindness. Memorize the verse by the end of the week.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Declare a “No TV Night” one day this week. After you put the kids to bed, turn off the television and spend some time talking, playing a board game, or relaxing with one another.
- Listen to your husband this week. Really listen. Don’t try to give answers or fix the issues that he is dealing with in his life. Just listen to him and make him feel valid. Live out James 1:19 which states, “Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.”
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Plan a hands-on activity with your kids this week. Choose something that you would normally shy away from doing with your kids. Some ideas are making play-dough, getting out the paint, anything with glitter or put together a large puzzle. Spend some time getting a little messy and make some memories.
- Help your children memorize Colossians 3:12. Write it on your chalkboard or bathroom mirror. Use this verse to teach your little ones that choosing to be kind is always the right choice.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Spend some time sprucing up your yard. Take time to pull weeds, trim trees and bushes and dispose of any trash around your yard. Get your kids involved too! Any age can help with various yard work tasks.
- Put away all of your winter clothing and accessories. Clean all the items and organize them by size. Donate or sell the items that will not fit during the next winter season.
Give hope, prayer, and encouragement below. Post a comment & talk about it.[/box]
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."