Love Your Children Week Two Mom Tips
by Deb Weakly
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Print out this list and keep it on your fridge all week. Pick one or two things to try and check them off as you do them.
You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
– The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit: Done:______
- Choose a Praise song or Chorus as your theme for the week. Print it or write it on your chalkboard. Sing it with your kids and enjoy praising God together as a family.
- Record 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 on your phone’s recording device. Listen to it many, many times this week. Pray for God to help you to love your family like Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit.
– The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband: Done:______
- Show your husband extra love and respect this week by being on time. Be ready or even a few minutes early every time you plan to go somewhere together.
- As we move into the holiday season, try not to over commit yourself. Remember, your husband needs you too. If you spread yourself too thin, you might overlook the one person who you need the most.
–The Wise Woman Loves Her Children: Done:______
- Make a deliberate effort to hug your children every day this week. It is so easy to let the physical side of love fall to the wayside, even with our children. Kids need that quiet moment with mom to reconnect and recharge their spirit.
- Create a Thankfulness Tree with your children. Trace each child’s hand and write down what you as a family are thankful for in your life. This can be an everyday activity or a weekly activity until Thanksgiving. Place your tree on your refrigerator or your front door so you can easily see your creation.
–The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home: Done:______
- Create and organize a “GO” box for all your important papers. This should include passports, birth certificates, social security cards and legal forms such as wills. If all this paperwork is together, it will be easy to grab and go in any situation.
- Get out all of your children’s winter gear and make sure it fits. Donate or sell anything too small.