Christmas – Week 1 Print Mom Tips
Christmas – Mom Tips
by Deb Weakly
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
Let the Christmas Countdown begin!
Here are some great Mom Tips designed to help you to make this Christmas season meaningful and fun!
Print out this list and keep it on your fridge all week check them off as you do them. Choose one tip or several!
Don’t try to do everything this Christmas season. Only do those activities which you and your husband prayerfully feel is right for your family! Let go of everything else! We will be giving you lots of ideas, but remember the Help Club motto: “You do you!”
– The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit: Done:______
- Make sure to make time in your schedule for regular Bible study and prayer this Christmas season! Things can get really busy during the holidays, so time with God is more essential than ever to keep your sense of inner peace. Pray and ask God to help you to focus on Him more than anything else, and for His help to be patient and to love your family well.
- Record Philippians 4:4-7 and 13, Proverbs 16:3, and Ephesians 4:2 on your phone. Listen to these verses every day to help you to stay focused on truth this week. Pray and ask God to help you to remember to get ready for Christmas one day at a time in the power of the Holy Spirit, and to be as peaceful as possible knowing He is your Helper.
– The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband: Done:______
- Schedule a date with your husband so you can make sure to stay connected to each other during this busy time of year! Be sure to make time for intimacy. Your marriage is the most important priority next to your relationship with Christ! This month will be much more meaningful if you are feeling connected to one another. If you are feeling distant from your husband, pray about it and ask God to bless your marriage in every way.
- Plan a time to sit down with your husband, and pray over your Christmas season:
- Commit your Christmas season to God! Pray for overall wisdom, and ask Him to show you which traditions and activities are the most important. Be sure to pray about your family helping others in need. Pray for His help for you to let go of perfectionism and any expectations which are not His will for you and your family.
- Prayerfully consider a budget amount for your Christmas this year, and how to cut back if needed.
- Ask God to help you not to overspend, and to help you and your husband to be a team.
- Pray for wisdom with gift-giving. Ask God for bargains, help with homemade gifts (the time, patience and energy to do them), and the heart to be generous and the discipline to be frugal.
–The Wise Woman Loves Her Children: Done:______
- This years Advent Season starts today! Go to helpclubformoms.com and read Christmas Day One Bible study. It has LOTS of ideas for Advent! Pray and pick an idea to help your family to keep Christ in Christmas this year!
- Involve your children in the Christmas planning. Give them a few choices from the ideas which you and your husband have discussed. Let them dream about being like Jesus to their world! Who can you help as a family this Christmas season?
- To bring joy to your house keep Christmas music on all month! Have spontaneous dance parties with your children! It will put your kids in a great mood and build a Christmas musical memory in their hearts!
–The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home: Done:______
- After you have prayed over which commitments and traditions for this years Christmas season, take a moment and record what all you are going to do. The HCFM Weekly Plan Sheet is a great way to keep a weekly schedule. You can find it HERE. Print out 5 Weekly Plan Sheets, one for each week of the season, and write each activity starting with your most important one- when you will spend time with God each day! Then record the rest, including your meal plan for the week and put each weeks plan sheet on your fridge. You could also write your schedule in your phone or datebook if you prefer.
- Keep track of your gift ideas and purchased gifts on your phone. Create gift two lists on your phone this Christmas season: Gift ideas and gifts purchases. That way you will always know how much you have spent and what you have purchased for everyone on your list.
- When planning meals, look ahead and plan for the holiday baking you will do as well as any parties or get-togethers which require you to bring a dish. Put the ingredients on your shopping list. Be sure to plan some easy meals and crock-pot meals for your busy nights!
Christmas Hot Tip#1:
- Wrap gifts as you buy them so you are not overwhelmed right before the big day!
- If you need to mail gifts to out of town relatives check the US Post Office for their recommended shipping dates and put the deadline on your calendar! To save time and skip the line, consider using the Kiosk at the Post Office after hours. Use extra safety precautions after dark.