“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Print out this list and keep it on your fridge all week. Pick one or two things to try and check them off as you do them.
You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
-The Wise Woman builds her Spirit: Done:______
1. Read Galatians 5:22-23. Take note of the different fruits of the Spirit. Write them on a piece of paper or on your bathroom mirror. Take a moment every morning while you are getting ready to ask yourself if you are a walking example of each fruit. Pray for wisdom in the areas where you struggle.
2. Are you working on your prayer binder? It WILL change your life and the life of your family to pray regularly for them. If you missed the Bible study with the instructions, you can find them here . Work on your prayer binder for 3 days this week, but keep it short, only 15 minutes.
Day 1______ Day 2______ Day Three______
-The Wise Woman loves her Husband: Done:______
3. Set aside 3 scheduled times to pray with your husband. Morning or night, your choice. Praying together will strengthen your marriage and ultimately bring you both closer to the Lord. If this is an area of struggle, pray and ask God to help you to be able to pray together. If your husband doesn’t yet believe in God, start this week to pray regularly for him, but don’t nag him. Remember, 1 Peter 3:1 says that your husband will be won over without words, but by your behavior and respect. Pray for him and know that God hears your prayers and will be faithful to work in your husband’s life.
4. Send a note to your mom and mother-in-law telling them one thing you appreciate about them. Mom_______ Mom-in-law __
-The Wise Woman loves her Children: Done:______
5. Pray deliberately for each of your children. Choose a child a day. Thank the Lord for their talents and pray for wisdom for their trials.
6. Plan a delightful evening for your family. Have a delicious meal prepared and surprise them with an extra pretty table setting. After dinner, play a fun game together!
-The Wise Woman cares for her Home: Done:______
7. It’s important to have the word of God in your home. Find either a chalkboard or dry erase board that is framed and hang it somewhere that is a high traffic area in your home. Write Bible verses on it often so that everyone in your family can constantly see God’s word. Talk about the verses each time you write a new one. Let your children take turns and write their favorite verses on it too.
8. Tackle those under the sink cabinets in one room this week. Clean them out and throw away anything old and expired. Go through your make- up bag too!
9. Make your bed first thing when you get up 3 times this week. This simple act will help you begin your day with purpose.