“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Simply pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you accomplish them. You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Put away your cell phone while your children are around, at least half the day, every day this week. (This might be challenging, but TOTALLY worth it!) Be present with your children.
- Avoid taking “BLT’s” when preparing food for your family. A “BLT” refers to Bites, Licks, and Tastes. Small bites can add up after a few lovingly prepared meals.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Read Romans 6:13 with your husband and ask him to declare these truths to you. Stand in front of a mirror or look directly at each other. When he finishes, you declare the truths to him.
- Pray 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 over you and your husband. Ask God to help you both practice self-control.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Have your children memorize Proverbs 4:23. Remind them to guard their hearts constantly against the enemy, Satan. If you have older children, gently remind them to guard themselves in their romantic/dating lives.
- Pray over your children that they can exercise self-control in their lives. Use Luke 4:1-13 and 1 Corinthians 10:13 as guides.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- When preparing for bed every night this week, write out your six most important tasks that you need to complete the next day. This list is called “The Six Most Important’s” List. Cross them off as you complete each of them so that you have a feeling of accomplishment!
- Exercise self-control with your family budget this week. Do not overspend or ignore your pre-set financial boundaries. If you do not have a family budget, take this week to create one prayerfully with your spouse.
Give hope, prayer, and encouragement below. Post a comment & talk about it.
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."