“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you accomplish them. Complete all of the Mom Tips or pick one to finish. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Ask yourself this question during your quiet time this week. Am I actively depending on the Holy Spirit to guide me on my spiritual journey? Journal your answers. Take a moment and ask the Lord to open your heart to the Holy Spirit and his guidance.
- Record Galatians 5:16 on your phone or write it on your chalkboard. Take the time to memorize this verse.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Ask your husband how you can pray for him while he is away at work. Write this information down in your prayer binder. Follow up with him later in the week for an update on the item you have been praying for.
- Write 1 Corinthians 16:13 on a note card and slip it in your husbands work bag. Pray for your husband to have courage in all that he does, in and out of the home.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Be extra patient with your children this week. Take 30 seconds before responding to a stressful situation. Remember to let the love of Jesus shine through you into your kids. Do not let Satan overcome you with feelings of anger or self-doubt.
- When talking with your children this week, listen to them. Take a few minutes and get on their level (even if it means bending down or sitting on the floor) and look them in the eye during your conversation. We as moms lead jam-packed days and often dismiss our children with a quick “yeah” or “okay.” Instead of the quick answer, take the time to listen to your child’s point of view and respond with intention.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Tackle your Linen Closet this week. Set aside one day to pull everything out and do an assessment of your linens. Donate or toss the items you no longer need. Refold and put everything away in an orderly and logical fashion. Consider downsizing the number of linens you own to free up space.
- Write John 6:35 on your blackboard or somewhere in your kitchen. Pray this verse over everyone who comes into your kitchen this week. Pray that they will come to know Jesus and deepen their relationship with him.
Join the conversation: What’s your favorite Mom Tip you have ever tried?[/box]
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."