“Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!” Philippians 4:4
Have you ever met another mom who was so full of joy that she radiated Jesus?
I have had the pleasure of knowing such a woman, and of course, I wanted a slice of whatever she was having! Her joy was contagious! As Christians, we should be shining like a light on a hill (Matthew 5:14-15), so that people feel compelled to ask us what makes us different from the rest of the world! In today’s lesson, Tommy shares that living a life of joy should be our goal and that our actions will speak louder than our words. He mentions that it is our responsibility to demonstrate joy and draw others to the Kingdom of God! It is our privilege to show the presence of the Lord in our lives and to make our joy known!
Are you living with this kind of joy? You might say, “Well, if my circumstances were different, if I didn’t have a crying baby who kept me up all night, or if I didn’t have a difficult child, then I would smile more…I would be more cheerful.” Tommy says that joy needs to be developed. The Bible tells us to rejoice always! Exemplifying joy, despite our current situation, is an evident sign of spiritual maturity. Is there anything about our faith that glorifies God more than our joy? It is God’s intention for all of His children to be joy-filled and to radiate His love!
Blessings and love,
- Ask God to remind you of a time when you might not have reflected His joy with your actions. Confess your sin and ask your Heavenly Father to fill you with abundant joy so that it overflows into your actions and words. What looks irresistible to the rest of the world? Joy!
- Say, “Good Morning” and “Hello” to all of your family members every time they enter the room. We often overlook those that are closest to us. Remember to smile when you see your loved ones!
In her lifetime, she traveled the world exercising gifts of hospitality and a passion for missions. She now lives in the beautiful state of Colorado with her beloved husband Brian & busy crew.
She loves to be creative with cooking and meets friends for coffee. Rae-Ellen says,"My sweetest coffee dates are with Jesus!"
Latest posts by Rae-Ellen Sanders (see all)
- Mango Salsa Sundaes and Mango Salsa for Fish or Chicken - June 15, 2018
- Super Succulent Spring Carrot Cake - February 16, 2018
- Loving Your Husband - February 10, 2018