Trials and Tribulations Week 1 Mom Tips
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Simply pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you accomplish them. You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Keep worship music on in your home every day for the next week. It’s hard to be down when you’re singing along to uplifting worship music!
- How many friends do you have on Facebook? Call a local friend and schedule a time to have coffee. Don’t isolate yourself when you are down. “A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; he goes against all wise judgment.” Proverbs 18:1. If childcare is an issue, invite her to bring her children too. Ask her children to bring an age-appropriate game to play with your children.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Pray for your husband every weekday this week. Here are some ideas about what to pray: Pray for him to know how deeply God loves him. Ask God to help him to feel your love and ask for a blessed marriage. Pray for his health and God to heal any illness in his body. Ask God to bless your husband’s relationship with the children. Pray for him to be blessed at work. You can also ask God what to pray! He will tell you. The main thing is that you do pray.
- Make your husbands favorite meal complete with dessert one day this week! Include your children in the meal prep, table setting and clean up.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Read Psalm 23 in an easy to read version of the Bible to your children today and talk to them about Jesus being the Good Shepherd. He loves us and is always with us. He takes good care of His sheep, and we can trust Him.
- Play a fun card game with each of your children at night in bed. Pick a separate night for each of your children. Uno, Go Fish, and War are awesome (and simple) games to play in bed with your child.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Put a load of laundry in first thing in the morning after your quiet time. Do this three days this week.
- Make sure your counters are clean, and the sink is clear of all dishes before you go to bed. It’s always wonderful to wake up to a clean kitchen. Start this positive habit by practicing this tip three times this week.
Give hope, prayer, and encouragement below. Post a comment & talk about it.
Leslie has known Jesus almost as long as she has known her husband.
She loves Jesus, her husband, her two daughters, coffee and her dachshund Oscar Myer.
Her favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed or broken. We do not give up and quit."