“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
One of the main components of the Help Club for Moms are the Mom Tips, which are practical ideas designed to help you to become all that God created you to be and are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian woman, wife, mom, and homemaker.
Simply pray about which MomTips to do and do only those. One of the mottos of the Help Club for Moms is “You do you!” Go at your own pace. Do what you can, or more. It’s completely up to you! We all are in different stages of our lives.
Keep this list on your fridge all week. Pick one or two things to try and check them off as you do them.
Get Ready for the rest of the Faith-Filled Ideas and Moms tips by doing these two tips:
- Download a voice recording app on your phone. If you do not have a smartphone, buy an inexpensive voice recording device.
- Get a pad of spiral bound index cards and write Psalm 119:105 on it. Keep it at your kitchen sink this week so that you can see it often and commit it to memory.
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- If you have small children in your home who are into everything, consider making a “Quiet Time Basket.” Get a simple basket and put your Bible, journal, a pen, candle with matches, and note cards (for writing a friend an encouraging note). When you finish your quiet time, put the basket out of reach of your Little’s so you can keep your quiet time supplies safe and sound, and ready again for next time.
- Before you go to bed, write five things you are most thankful for today in your journal. Do this for three days this week.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Since we have been learning about being an effective worker at home, ask your husband how you can bless him, and if there is anything you can do for him this week.
- How’s the intimacy in your marriage? If you’re like most moms with children in the home, it can be a challenge to find time to be together. Prayerfully plan a time to initiate intimacy (lovemaking) with your husband. If this is an area of struggle in your marriage, pray and ask God for help, the desire, and to bless your intimacy with your husband.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Prayerfully consider picking a hymn for each of your children. Make sure you print the hymn out and hang it/ tape it to their wall (eventually get a frame and hang it on your child’s wall), tell the story of the hymn to your child (if you can find it), tell them why you think God gave it to them and sing it with/for them. For more information on how to pick a hymn for your child click HERE.
- Take turn playing a quick, simple game with your child in bed right before they go to sleep. Take turns with each child or double/triple up if you have a large family. The card game “Uno” is simple and easy to play in bed. Make sure you leave enough time before bed to do this activity. My children have wonderful memories of card games with Mom or Dad in bed.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Get in the habit of making a 6 Most Important’s list before you go to bed. Simply pray about the most important things God wants you to get done the next day, and write down the top 6. Cross them off during the day as you accomplish them.
- Plan your meals for this week. If you are going out or eating leftovers, write that on the line as well.
What is your favorite homemaking type of Mom Tip that you have ever heard/implemented?[/box]
If there was one thing Deb would love to share with you is that God is personal and loves you as you are. You don’t have to be perfect to be loved by our amazing God! Come as you are! His loving presence can be practically known and experienced. He is not a God who is far away, He is dearly near and easily found. He longs for you to come to Him!