Workers at Home- Week Two Mom Tips
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you accomplish them. Complete all of the Mom Tips or pick one to finish. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Write in your journal or record on your phone Proverbs 31:10-31. Pick a verse to highlight in your home on your chalkboard or bathroom mirror.
- Choose to Live for God this week. Commit your day to him every morning during your quiet time. Allow God’s light to shine through you in all that you do in your home and for your family.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Get out of the habit of criticizing your husband. Take a day this week and go the entire day without criticizing his actions. This simple change in thought will bless both of you and strengthen your marital bond.
- Do something active with your husband this week. Go for a walk or a bike ride. Take time to enjoy God’s creation together.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Pray with each of your children individually one night this week. Ask them if there is anything troubling them and pray with them to give the situation to God. Help them learn to rely on the Lord.
- Choose a verse to have your children memorize this week. Write it down on a card or their bathroom mirror. Some examples to choose from are Acts 16:31, Proverbs 14:5, Hebrews 13:8, Proverbs 3:5, Romans 10:13. Go out for ice cream or give your children an inexpensive prize when they finish!
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Work on setting the household budget. It is the beginning of the year and the time to plan ahead. Start small if needed by setting a grocery budget. Do your best to stay within your set budget this week. This habit of being a good steward will begin to flow into the rest of your home.
- Choose one day to clean out your refrigerator this week. Take everything out and discard the items that are spoiled or expired. Wipe down the entire fridge and put everything back in a logical order.
Join the conversation: What’s your favorite Mom Tip you have ever tried?