“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Simply pray about which ideas to try and keep this list on your fridge all week. Check them off as you accomplish them.
You can also do more than what is suggested. You do you! We all are in different stages of our lives.
Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Take some time for yourself this week. You could spend an afternoon away from home by yourself or simply take a longer shower. Rest and recharge your spirit. Keep in mind Matthew 11:28-30.
- Write Romans 12:3 and 2 Thessalonians 1:3 in your journal or on your chalkboard. Memorize these verses by the end of the week. Personalize the verses by placing your name in the scripture.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Read the Bible as a couple this week. Choose to read directly from God’s word or pick a devotion. Choosing to read God’s word together will strengthen your relationship not only with each other but also with God.
- Show extensive kindness or grace to your husband this week. Take an extra few seconds before responding in a stressful situation. Watch your tone of voice when speaking and treat him with love in all circumstances.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Have your children memorize Matthew 6:33. Talk with them about seeking God first in their life.
- Tell your children the story of Easter using jelly beans: Green is for palm leaves. Purple is for wine. Brown is for the tomb. Red is for Jesus who died for us because he loves us. Yellow is for reminding us what God has done through his bright Son. White is for the Angel announcing “He is Risen!”
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- For our weekly home organization task, tackle your garage or storage area. Remove any trash and put items away where they belong. Sweep out the entire area.
- How are you doing with the 40 items in 40 days challenge? Gather up the items you have set aside for donation and take these to your local Goodwill. If you are a few items behind, it is okay! Take an afternoon this week and get caught up on the challenge.
Join the conversation: What’s your favorite Mom Tip you have ever tried?[/box]