“God…gives life to the dead and speaks of things that don’t yet exist as if they are real.” Romans 4:17 ERV
My kids never quite fit into any mold. As a matter of fact, I had the ones (particularly one) that would always get into trouble everywhere we went. I was usually the mom leaving the playgroup with a crying child and often felt discouraged and sad because going places with this child was so hard! My sweet little Christie was often disobedient and the one who frequently had her little toe right on the edge of the line that you told her not to cross.
My mama’s heart prayed for my little girl, and I cried out to God day and night for help and wisdom. During this time, God spoke to me and my husband and we became aware of the power of focusing on the good in people and seeing them as they could become, not as they presently are. We both agreed to apply this principle of speaking of things that don’t yet exist as if they are real (Romans 4:17 ERV) to our daughter. My daughter was not well behaved all the time, but we began to treat her like she was the sweet, godly, purpose-driven person she could become. I believe this one habit changed our relationships with Christie and set the stage for the beautiful, close relationship we all enjoy as a family now.
Mama, God loves it when you come to Him and ask for wisdom for your kids. He also loves it when you ask Him to show you your child’s heart and seek His words to call out the good in them, instead of just seeing their faults. Listen to today’s podcast and learn new ideas for calling out the GREAT things in your child! Children rise to what’s expected of them!
Questions to ask God during your quiet time:
- God, how do You see my child?
- How can I encourage my child today with my words?
- If your child is going through a season of disobedience, ask this question: Holy Spirit, show me my child’s heart and what is really going on. Help me to see the good things my child is doing and help me to call it out to them with my words.
- God, give me a glimpse into the calling and giftings you have placed into my child. Help me to know how to “speak of things that don’t exist as if they are real.
**A fun and meaningful way to encourage your child is to pray and ask God for a hymn for your child. You can find the full instructions HERE.
We are praying for you as you speak life over your children!
Deb and the Help Club for Moms Team
- Deb’s Little Devo’s: You Were Born for Such a Time as This - August 19, 2022
- Powerful Prayers on the Podcast This Week For Your Whole Family! - August 18, 2022
- Powerful Prayers for Moms: Prayers to Pray for Yourself - August 18, 2022