Welcome to the Help Club! We are so glad you are here!
Hello there! My name is Deb and I get to help lead this wonderful ministry of ordinary women whose heart’s desire is to help other moms know the wide and long and high and deep love of Jesus Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, so we may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:18-19).
I want to say at the beginning that the authors in this companion guide and also The Help Club for Moms book don’t have it all together. We all have issues; none of us are exempt from problems. We don’t have it all figured out. We say things we shouldn’t, feel like our lives are really hard from time to time, struggle in our marriages and/or with our kids, have times where we feel far away from God, and well, you name it, our lives are far from perfect.
I wanted to get that out in the open in case you feel that way too. You might be in a really hard season right now where you simply can’t take one more person telling you what you’re doing wrong, or maybe you feel on top of the world where everything is great and you feel so close to God and your family. Whatever your season, whether easy or difficult, I want you to know that you are safe here with us, and we are praying for you to feel the love of Jesus and for the Holy Spirit to speak to your heart as you read. Because, after all, He is the only One who is perfect and He doesn’t expect perfection from His children, so you shouldn’t feel like you have to be perfect either. The incredible love of Jesus covers over our mistakes and He delights in His daughters (and sons) coming to Him just as we are—human beings in desperate need of a Savior.
Now that we got that out of the way, I would like to be the first to welcome you to this wonderfully imperfect group we call the Help Club for Moms. You are now part of our community! We pray you will truly enjoy your time with us.
I would like to share the best ways to get the most out of this companion guide. First, this book is meant to be a companion guide to The Help Club for Moms book, published by Harvest House Publishers. Be sure to grab a copy of that book as well; the two go together. Carry us into your devotional time, and come with a heart willing to learn and grow. Feel safe knowing that Jesus will be so gentle with you as you read; He gently speaks to all of us, right where we are. So ask Him to speak to you as you read.
Your time with God doesn’t have to take lots of time to make a difference in your life. In as little as 15–20 minutes a day, you can posture your heart to hear from God.
- Thanksgiving: Tell God three to five things that you are thankful for. Feel free to write them down in the “Thanksgiving, Praise, and Worship” section of each day’s devotional.
- Praise: Tell God what you love about His character—God, you are caring, devoted, etc. You can even go down some or all of the alphabet and tell God one thing you love about Him for each letter. See “Praise A B C’s” on pages 4-5 for examples of how I praise God.
- Worship: Take a moment and sing your favorite worship song, or if time is a factor, sing the chorus only. If you need suggested worship songs, please turn to pages 6-7. Additionaly, for “Steps to Worship” see page 43.
- Commit your devotional time to the Lord. You can simply say, “God, I commit this time to you. Speak to my heart as I read. Come Holy Spirit.”
- Read the article and then the corresponding devotional in this companion guide, making sure to read all of the Scriptures recommended because, frankly, God’s words are so much more important than ours. The study should be between you and God and the Scriptures, with the Help Club on the sidelines, cheering you on in your relationship with the Lord.
- Write down your thoughts in the “Have a Talk with God” section provided in the companion guide. We want you to take a moment to have a simple conversation with God and write down what the Lord says to you as you read. Ask Him questions about anything you want and then write it down. Expect to hear from Him. After all, as a Christ-follower, you have the Holy Spirit living inside of you. He wants to talk to you. (Read more about the importance of having a two-way conversation with God in the “Have a Talk with God” section on pages 10-11).
There’s one more thing, if you don’t feel like you are a follower of Jesus yet, be sure to read the introduction to The Help Club for Moms book, on pages 9-11, because it explains how you can become a Christian. And trust me, if you decide to follow Jesus, you will be making the best decision ever! Your life will never be the same!
Well, that’s it for now! We love you. We are praying for you, and we hope to see you in our online communities on Facebook and Instagram:
- We do “Mentoring Monday” or “Sisterhood Monday” LIVE videos on our Help Club for Moms Facebook page every Monday at 9 AM Mountain time. We would love to get to know you there! We also share lots of encouraging content and printables designed to help you live a life with Jesus at the helm.
- We also pray for each other every Monday in “The Help Club for Moms Online Group” on Facebook, and we also go deeper into the Help Club for Moms books there too!
- Join us on the Help Club for Moms on Instagram.
- Consider doing this study with a friend! After all, everything is more fun with friends, right?! Click this link to find out more information.
- Does your church need a fun and easy mom’s group? We would be honored to help you cultivate a community of moms encouraging other moms to know the love of Jesus Christ! Click this link to find out how easy it is to start a Help Club at your church!
***Oh, and before I forget, as a thank you for buying this book, we have created incredible videos and exclusive printables that can be accessed for free at myhelpclubformoms.com using the code on page 3 of the Help Club for Moms Companion Guide! You will love all of this extra content!***
May the Lord bless you and keep you,
Deb and the Help Club for Moms Team