“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.” Galatians 6:9 (NLT)
“Without the assistance of the Divine Being…I cannot succeed. With that assistance, I cannot fail.” Abraham Lincoln
- Call your prayer partner for your 10-minute prayer call! Never underestimate the power of praying with a friend.
- Take a moment before you read this study and make a list of 10 things that you are thankful for in your home. Ask God to help you see your family and the tasks in your home the way He sees them.
Mama, Your Work Is Holy
Sweet sister, raising your children for God is holy work. As Christian moms, our greatest work is raising up children who know and love Jesus. What you do every day—disciplining your children, wiping noses, breaking up sibling squabbles, cleaning up after yet another meal, or lying in bed at night with your child while they tell you their latest pondering—all this is kingdom work. You are raising up the next generation of Christians who will then raise up the next generation of Christians.
No matter how many times the world around us says that being a mom doesn’t matter, we know the truth: Our work affects eternity. By staying faithful and loving your family well in the power of the Holy Spirit, you are sending a message of love forward to a time you will not see. Your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will thank you for the hard work you are doing today. They will have better lives because of the love you shared and the Christian life you passed on to your kids. When there is a mom in the home who has faith in the power of God in her children’s lives, there’s no stopping what she can do with her kids!
Mama, your love for your family pleases the Lord. Someday, you will know the impact of all your work. But for now, keep going, keep trying, keep believing, and keep praying, and by your faith, you will hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”
Pray with me…
“Dear Jesus, please help me see that my mothering matters. It’s so easy to get caught up in what the world says I should be doing with my life. Help me see the importance of training these precious children for You. Give me the wisdom, strength, and insight for my calling as a mom. Help me live for you today in my home and help me to love unconditionally, just like You. Please speak to my heart as I go through this devotional plan. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
Blessings and Love,
Questions to Ponder
- How is God speaking to you today? Did He highlight something in today’s reading? Write it down in your journal and ask God to give you your next steps in obedience to what He has just shown you.
One of my favorite Help Club for Moms resources is the “Weekly Plan Sheet.” It really helps to write out your plans and commitments, as well as meals and scheduled family times, even if you put all of your commitments on your phone electronically. There is something to be said for the visual reminder of what you have committed to do each week. You can print a copy of the Weekly Plan sheet on the website and also access it at the back of this book, on pages 217-225. Set aside time to pray and ask God for wisdom and also help for your next upcoming week and then write down what He tells you. Be sure to plan dinners and time with your hubby and the kids too. Plan your work and work your plan!
- Special Episode: Giving Tuesday with Deb: Testimonies, Partners, and Volunteer Opportunities - November 28, 2023
- Passing Down the Stories - November 25, 2023
- Mom Tips Friday: How to Have a Great Christmas with Less Money - November 23, 2023