Easter is just around the corner. For many, the Easter holiday means family gathering together to celebrate Christ’s ultimate sacrifice and resurrection. If your family is anything like mine, food is usually involved! Whether it is a big, fancy meal, potluck, or just snack-type foods, I have an excellent recipe for you: Meatballs.
These meatballs are so versatile. They can be used in many different types of recipes and with a wide variety of sauces, are great as an appetizer or even a main meal, and can easily feed a crowd. The best part about meatballs is that they are so incredibly simple to make. I often make huge batches when
I find ground beef and/or Italian sausage on sale. I bake them and freeze them as an easy go-to meal on a busy night.
By: Brandi Carson
1 pound Italian sausage
1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
2 eggs, whisked
1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Using your hands, mix until all meat, egg, and seasoning is well combined.
- Using two spoons or a mini “ice-cream” scoop, make mini meatballs. Scoop 1”– 1 1⁄2 ” balls and place on a pre-sprayed sheet pan. Wet hands and roll the meat into balls.
- Bake meatballs for 12-15 minutes until brown and cooked through.
Your meatballs are now ready for the freezer or whatever delicious recipe you choose!