“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Turn off the television this week. Instead, commit to reading a book, going for a walk, or calling a long lost friend on the phone to catch up.
- Wake up before sunrise one day this week and watch the sun come up. Sit in the quiet and pray Luke 1:78-79 and Romans 13:12. Journal about your experience.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Ask your husband if there are any tasks/errands you can help him with this week to ease his burden. Go about these tasks with a smile and a happy attitude. As always, do this without any expectation of a favor in return.
- Give your husband a free night this week. Let him connect with a friend, get a run in, or clear his head however he needs to. In today’s society, the pressure on men is overwhelming. We as wives need to be supportive.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- If it rains this week, go jump in some puddles. Get wet! Have some fun. See who can make the biggest splash. If it does not rain, go for a nature walk and gather items like sticks, rocks, and pine cones. Come home and make a collage.
- Gather together as a family for nighttime prayer. You can have one person pray for the entire family or you can take turns praying (whatever works for you).
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Three days this week, start a load of laundry first thing in the morning. When it finishes washing, move it right the dryer. When the load drys, fold it and put it away immediately. Do not let it sit in the basket or on a chair.
- Spend some time sprucing up your yard. Pull the weeds and trim the trees and bushes. Edge and mow the lawn. Consider planting flowers in your flower beds and in pots on your porch.