“When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:17-18 (ESV)
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Before getting out of bed every morning this week, turn your day over to God. Pray that He will provide for all your needs all day. Your job is to trust Him.
- Write Jeremiah 31:25 on your note cards or record it on your phone. Memorize the verse by the end of the week.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Take the week to organize your master bedroom. Declutter your nightstands, put away any laundry piles, and throw away trash. Take time to make your bedroom a sanctuary, a place of comfort and relaxation, not chaos. Make a personal commitment to keep the room tidy.
- Have your children write notes of love and encouragement to your husband this week and hide them in his work (or gym) bag.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Create a “Chore/Bored Jar” for your children this week. Get some Popsicle sticks and a mason jar and write down different activities on the sticks. On our sticks, we have some fun activities like “get out the paints” or “play-doh” and some easier chores like “sweep the kitchen” and “dust the baseboards.” It’s luck of the draw. You can choose if you have more fun or more chores—it’s up to you!
- Invite neighborhood friends over for a water balloon fight/sprinkler party! What child doesn’t love an afternoon running through the sprinklers? It’s even better with a few friends.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Clean out under your kitchen sink this week. Take everything out and wipe the entire space.Throw away any garbage and any expired cleaning supplies. Organize the items as you put them back.
- Meal plan for the week. Know what is for dinner every day by 9:00 a.m. If you have meat in the freezer, take it out and put it in the refrigerator so you are not scrambling at the end of the day.