“For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (ESV)
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Connect with your prayer partner this week. Plan to pray together for 10 minutes. If you need to, schedule a social call at the beginning of your prayer time so you can focus during your call.
- Summer can get hectic and overwhelming very quickly. Take 10 minutes every evening to just sit in the quiet and breathe. Close your eyes, turn off any distractions, and clear your mind. Listen to your breathing and allow yourself to just be.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Arrange a “Date Night In” for the two of you this week. Plan an activity that both of you really enjoy or choose something that you have both been wanting to try out (like a new board game or cooking technique). Wait until the kids are in bed and spend some quality time together that does not involve the television.
- Pray for your husband this week. Pray that his spiritual gifts will be used in all aspects of his life (work, home, church, and leisure). You can pray 1 Corinthians 12:4 specifically.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Create a Summer Bucket List with your children. Have each child participate and make a poster to hang in your kitchen. Use stickers or a marker to check off the list when you complete an item.
- Learn a new Praise and Worship song as a family. Bonus if someone plays a musical instrument and can accompany along with the singing
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Clean off the top of your refrigerator this week. Clear off the clutter and wipe down the entire space.
- Dust all of the baseboards and blinds/window treatments in your home this week. Pick a room a day and the task will be completed easily by the end of the week.