Dearest Mama, we are embarking on a busy season of serving <sigh>. I particularly love this time of year and all the entertaining that goes along with the upcoming holidays; however, I know that not everyone has the same feelings about serving and entertaining that I do. Serving is one of those things that we either enjoy or that we ask the Lord for perseverance for. We are all called to serve in one capacity or another, whether it is in your church body or on your HOA or PTA committee.
Cooking just happens to be a passion of mine. As a service to others, I make meals and deliver them to new moms or to those who are sick or having surgery. I feel called to this service, and find it is fulfilling to love on those who are in a time of need. This simple slow cooker recipe is comfort food at its best! It’s simple and delicious! I hope you make it for your family on a cold winter’s night, and maybe you will make a little extra to share with someone else as well. It is sure to warm spirit, body, and soul.
Sausage Tortellini Soup
By: Rae-Ellen Sanders
1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 bag of fresh spinach (not frozen)
2 (14.5 ounce) cans of regular Rotel diced tomatoes—undrained
1 block of Philadelphia cream cheese
1 pound of ground Italian sausage
4 cups of chicken broth
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Brown the sausage in a skillet on the stovetop until cooked and crumbled. Drain.
2. Add the sausage, 2 cans of tomatoes, broth, and cream cheese to a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
3. Cook in the slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours, stirring twice during cooking.
4. Add the tortellini and spinach in the last 30 minutes of cooking time, and cook until tender.
Note: My family of seven uses 2 bags of tortellini, and ultimately, the soup is absorbed so much
that it becomes Sausage Tortellini Stew. Double all the ingredients to make enough to share.
In her lifetime, she traveled the world exercising gifts of hospitality and a passion for missions. She now lives in the beautiful state of Colorado with her beloved husband Brian & busy crew.
She loves to be creative with cooking and meets friends for coffee. Rae-Ellen says,"My sweetest coffee dates are with Jesus!"
Latest posts by Rae-Ellen Sanders (see all)
- Cinnamon Overnight Bread Pudding With Cream Cheese Syrup - December 5, 2018
- Mom To Mom: Rae-Ellen - November 20, 2018
- Make the Most of Your Time With Your Kids! - November 15, 2018