What Does it Mean to Grow?
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing…If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” John 15:5,7-8
Flourish. Thrive. Bloom. These words describe the Christian life we all desire. As Christ-followers, we have been given the opportunity to live an abundant life; it is our advantage and privilege as believers! The Word says that Jesus came that we may have life and have it abundantly (John 10:10), and don’t we all want what Jesus promised?
God as our Creator, has given us His Word to be planted inside of our hearts and received with joy. When we hear the Word and understand it, we bear fruit yielding many times over what was sown (Matthew 13:18-23). Too often we think that our imperfections, limitations, and sin keep us from the growth that Christ has for us. But I have good news for you: Just like God made and knows every plant on this beautiful earth, He also knows every one of His children (you and me). A good gardener knows what his plants need to flourish. And Jesus is the perfect Gardener. He knows exactly what you need to flourish, mama—the perfect amount of sunshine, pruning, watering, and nutrients that will grow you into the woman,wife, and mother God made you to be.
- Sunshine is the light that shines through you to others as you become more like Jesus by spending time with Him (Matthew 5:16).
- Pruning is the Father tenderly convicting your heart and encouraging you to remove any unhealthy habits or sin in your life (John 15:2).
- Watering is diving into God’s Word and seeking what He has to teach you in your season of life (John 4:14).
- The nutrients are new habits and rhythms in your life that honor Jesus and produce thriving, healthy “fruit” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
We pray that through these pages, you will allow Jesus to work on the garden of your soul. Let Him take away the weeds and rubble; give Him the areas of your life that sin has had its grip on for far too long. Let Him tend the soil of your heart, making it His masterpiece. Be ready to experience the blessings that come from our perfect Creator working His wonders and glory in your life!
Krystle Porter and the Help Club for Moms Team
Latest posts by Krystle Porter (see all)
- Making Memories through God’s Creation: Summer of Joy Wk2Day4 - June 13, 2019
- Missionaries at Home Bingo- Printable - June 5, 2019
- Mom To Mom: Krystle - March 13, 2019