by Deb Weakly
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Print out this list and keep it on your fridge all week. Pick one or two things to try and check them off as you do them.
You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
– The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
1. Write the following words on 2 sticky notes and place one each at your kitchen sink and bathroom mirror- “But wait, have you prayed about it?” Ponder and put these words into practice this week. Done:______
2. Encourage someone today. I mean it. Today. Call them. Send that email you have been meaning to send. Write a card (and actually mail it) or take someone a tasty fall-themed treat. There is someone in your life who needs you. Done:______
– The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
3. Plan a time this week to initiate intimacy with your husband. If this is an area of struggle in your marriage, start today to pray and ask God to help and to bless you and your husband. God invented marital intimacy and intends for it to be a blessing. Done:______
4. Learn your husband’s love language! Read “The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate” by Gary Chapman. Also, click here for an online quiz to help you determine you and your husband’s love language. Done:______
–The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
5. God has placed individual, specific callings on each of our children’s lives. This week, pray and ask God to show you and your husband the calling that He has placed in your children’s hearts, and for Him to help you to both shepherd and lead them well “in the way they should go.” Proverbs 22:6. After you pray, be watching for His answer! It may come from a Scripture passage that you read or from a friend who knows your children’s well. When you receive this wisdom from God, write it in your journal and share it with your children. Done:______
6. Learn your child’s love language! Read “The 5 Love Languages of Children” by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell. Also, click here for an online test for 9-12-year-olds- and here for a test for teens! Done:______
–The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
7 . Making school lunches for your kids every day can be overwhelming. Here are a few helpful ideas to make this task a bit easier.
Proportion lunch items right after you purchase them at the grocery store. Examples would be grapes and carrot sticks. You can easily grab the bag and place it in the lunchbox. Make the lunches during homework time. For most of us, this happens right when the kids get home. Take 10 minutes and get those lunches done. This way 10 o’clock doesn’t roll around and you are still up making lunches or scrambling in the morning before school. You can start dinner when you are finished. Done:______
8. Take a few “15 Minute Cleaning Sprints” this week. Set a timer and work as fast as you can in one area of your house. Vaccuum, dust, or clean a bathroom. You will be surprised how much you can get done in 15 minutes! Done:______
9. Take a moment and plan out your menus and your shopping list. Get your shopping done and chop all of your vegetables. List your meals here: