Homemade Pizza Dough
1 package (or 2 1/2tsp.) of active dry yeast
1 tsp. honey
1 c. warm water (no more than 115 degrees or it will kill the yeast)
3 cups bread flour (or all purpose)
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil.
1. In a small bowl dissolve honey and yeast in the warm water.
2. In a stand mixer, or large bowl, combine flour and salt. With dough hook attachment mix until well combined.
3. On low speed combine yeast mixture and oil with the flour mixture. Continue mixing with dough hook on low speed until mixture comes cleanly away from bowl. May take up to five minutes.
4. Turn dough out onto a clean surface and knead by hand for a few minutes longer or until the dough is firm and smooth.
5. Oil a large bowl and place dough in bowl and flip so it is well coated with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30-45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
6. Preheat your oven to 450.
7. Now your dough is ready to make into a pizza. You can either cut it into half for smaller pizzas or make one large pizza.
8. Dust your work surface lightly with flour and either roll your dough out or spread it out with your fingers.
9. Now add whatever sauce and toppings your family likes. Top with cheese.
10. Bake anywhere from 12-18 minutes depending on the thickness of crust and size of your pizza.