Identity in Christ – Week One
by Deb Weakly
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Print out this list and keep it on your fridge all week. Pick one or two things to try and check them off as you do them.
You can also do more than what is suggested. We all are in different stages of our lives. You do you!
-The Wise Woman builds her Spirit: Done:______
1. Record some of the verses from “Identity In Christ Day 2” on your phone this week and listen to them several times a day. Done:______
2. Keep working on your prayer binder for 2 days this week, but keep it short, only 15 minutes. (Remember, you can simply put you prayers on your phone too!)
Day 1______ Day 2______
-The Wise Woman loves her Husband: Done:______
3. Write a love letter to your husband and mail it to him at work or your house. If you are single, write a letter of appreciation to someone who is a support to you in your life. Done:______
4. Ask your husband how you can be praying for him this week, then write the prayers in your journal or phone and purpose to pray for him as much as you can. Set a reminder on your phone to tell you to pray for your husband each day this week. Done:______
-The Wise Woman loves her Children: Done:______
5. There is definitely something different about a house filled with the presence of God! Set aside a time in the next two weeks to pray a blessing over your house. Gather your family and friends, and simply pray a prayer of blessing and dedication for your home. Ask the Lord to fill your home with His presence, and to use your home to further His kingdom. Pray for God’s peace over each room in your house and that every person who walks in your home, especially your family, will feel the presence of God! Celebrate with a fun game night and simple dessert! Take lots of pictures! Done:______
6. “Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things” Psalm 98: 1(a).
Talk to your children about the fact that God loves to hear them sing songs of worship to Him! Sing songs with your children. There are many children’s praise CD’s that you can listen to in your car. (It’s so much better for your children to listen to Bible/Worship CD’s than the radio:) Our favorites are the “Wee Sing Bible Songs.” Both of our children came to Christ while listening to this CD:) Click here to see “Wee Sing Bible Songs” on Amazon!
-The Wise Woman cares for her Home: Done:______
7. Do some type of cleaning for 15 minutes, 3 days this week. Here are some examples of 15-minute jobs you can do:
|Dust one room
|Sweep the kitchen floor
|Wipe out the fridge
|Vacuum one room
|Fold and put away one load of laundry
|Sweep the pantry
|Empty Garbage cans
|Clean off your desk (stop at 15 minutes)
|Clean a shower
Day 1______ Day 2______ Day 3______
8. Print out the weekly plan sheet. Pray for the Lord’s wisdom as you plan your week. Done:______
9. Put a load of laundry in first thing in the morning 2 days this week. (Or you can do more)
Day 1______ Day 2______
10. Know what’s for dinner by 9 am 3 days this week. Set your meat out to defrost. If you have time, chop your veggies.
Day 1______ Day 2______Day 3______