Spirit-Led Living Mom Tips
by Leslie Leonard
“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1a
The Mom Tips are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian wife, mom, discipler of your children, homemaker, and friend.
Keep this list on your fridge for two weeks. Pick one or two things each week to try and check them off as you do them.
You can also do more than what is suggested. You do you! We all are in different stages of our lives.
Simply pray about which Mom Tips to do and do only those. Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
– The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit: Done:______
- Ask yourself this question during your quiet time this week. Am I actively depending on the Holy Spirit to guide me on my spiritual journey? Journal your answers. Take a moment and ask the Lord to open your heart to the Holy Spirit and his guidance.
- Record Galatians 5:16 on your phone or write it on your chalkboard. Take the time to memorize this verse.
– The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband: Done:______
- Ask your husband how you can pray for him while he is away at work. Write this information down in your prayer binder. Follow up with him later in the week for an update on the item you have been praying for.
- Write 1 Corinthians 16:13 on a note card and slip it in your husbands work bag. Pray for your husband to have courage in all that he does, in and out of the home.
-The Wise Woman Loves Her Children: Done:______
- Be extra patient with your children this week. Take 30 seconds before responding in a stressful situation. Remember to let the love of Jesus shine through you into your children. Do not let Satan overcome you with feeling of anger or self doubt.
- When talking with your children this week, listen to them. Take a few minutes and get on their level (even if it means bending down or sitting on the floor) and look them in the eye during your conversation. We as moms lead jam packed days and often dismiss our children with a quick “yea” or “okay”. Instead of the quick answer, take the time to listen to your child’s point of view and respond with intention.
-The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home: Done:______
- Tackle your Linen Closet this week. Set aside one day to pull everything out and do an assessment of your linens. Donate or toss the items you no longer need. Refold and put everything away in an orderly and logical fashion. Consider downsizing the amount of linens you own to free up space.
- Write John 6:35 on your blackboard or somewhere in your kitchen. Pray this verse over everyone who comes into your kitchen this week. Pray that they will come to know Jesus and deepen their relationship with him.