“The wise woman builds her house.” Proverbs 14:1
One of the main components of the Help Club for Moms are the Mom Tips, which are practical ideas designed to help you to become all that God created you to be and are meant to enhance your life and role as a Christian woman, wife, mom, and homemaker.
Simply pray about which Mommy Tips to do and do only those. One of the mottos of the Help Club for Moms is “You do you!” Go at your own pace. Do what you can, or more. It’s completely up to you! We all are in different stages of our lives.
Simply pray about which Mommy Tips to do and do only those. Do what you can and celebrate the fact that you added something new to enhance your life!
Keep this list on your fridge all week. Pick one or two things to try and check them off as you do them.
– The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
1. If you are having trouble having a regular quiet time with God, pray and ask God to help you. Print out the weekly plan sheet here, and write in your week’s schedule and times for your Bible study each day. Start with a short 15-minute quiet times. Put this list on your fridge. If you use a smartphone, put your time with God in your calendar on your phone. Ask God to help you to stay focused this week and make time with God a priority. Done: ______
2.If you don’t have a journal, go and pick out a pretty one that will invite you to write in it. Set aside time to write in it at least 5 minutes each day. You can also use your smartphone to keep your journal electronically. Done:______
– The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
3. Do you know your husband’s love language? The book, “The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts,” by Gary Chapman is a fantastic, eye-opening book that will help you to understand how to love your husband (and others) well. It will change your relationships and you will learn new ways to identify how the people in your life feel loved the most. If you already know your husband and children’s love languages, be intentional with your love for them this week. Love them the way THEY feel loved. Take the time to pray and ask God to show you how to love those He has given you well! Done ______
4. Love your husband’s family (and your own family) well! If there are any hurts in your heart from them, forgive. Forgiveness is the only way to peace. Write out this prayer in your journal: “Lord, I forgive (name the person)_____________, for (how it made me feel)____________. Thank you, Lord, for setting me free from bondage and bitterness. Bless them and help me to love them in the power of the Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ name, Amen.” Use this exercise to help you to forgive anyone in your life who has hurt you. They say that keeping bitterness and unforgiveness in your heart is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to get sick. The only person that bitterness and unforgiveness hurt is YOU. The Bible says to “Get RID of ALL bitterness.” Ephesians 4:31. God knows what’s best. Pray, forgive, and let it go today. Done:______
–The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
5. Stay in the habit of saying “Hello” to everyone as soon as you hear them walk in the house for three days this week. Acknowledge your family when they walk into the room. These little things let them know that they matter to you. Let them know that home is the BEST place to be because they are well loved by their family. Teach your children to say hello to one another too! Day 1______ Day 2______ Day 3______
6. Practice active listening this week. When your children want to talk to you, even if it is a silly conversation, ask them questions about what they are talking to you about. Don’t zone out when they are talking. Hug them and put them on your lap to cuddle. If you have a child who you think is not a cuddler, hug him or her gently and tell them that you love them. Sometimes children that are resistant to hugs are the very ones who need it the most! Done:______
–The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
7. This week, we are going to be tackling an area in your home in just 15 minutes a day for 3 days this week. I learned this great idea from my favorite organizational author, Emilie Barnes.
Spend 15 minutes three days this week organizing something. (Or you can do more)
Day One______ Day Two______ Day Three______
-Pick a place in your home that needs to be organized. It could be a kitchen cabinet, a closet, a set of drawers, etc..
-Get 3 big, black garbage bags and label them as “Throw Away,” “Give Away,” and “Put Away.”
-Set a timer for 15 minutes and get to work in that area.
-After you are all done with your area, set a timer again and then deal with the garbage bags. Throw away and put away, then keep your “Give away” bags in an area of your home or garage until you can take it to a charity or give it away. But make sure to deal with that bag asap too!
8. On Saturday, take a moment and plan out your menus for next week and your shopping list. Get your shopping done and chop all of your vegetables for the week ahead of time. List your meals here: