Food for the Soul- Pumpkin Pancakes and Coconut Cheesy Eggs
Here’s Meagan Witt, one of HCFM’s Meal Masters With This Week’s Food For the Soul!
Hello, Moms! As I shared a few weeks ago, cooking doesn’t come naturally to me but I am beginning to find such joy in cooking for my family. Last week, Brandi shared how love is patient and encouraged us to take the time to let our children help us cook.
My first thought was, “that sounds stressful and little crazy!”
But as I pondered the idea, I realized I want my children to develop a love for cooking. I want my children to have happy memories of cooking with their mama. I also want to be a mom who takes the time to teach her children something new. Even though this doesn’t come naturally to me it doesn’t mean it can’t become a reality.
The Bible says, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13 One of the most beautiful things about walking with Jesus is that He is with you and you can ask Him for help with anything! Even with having the patience and time to let your children cook with you.
So with Jesus’ help, my kiddos and I made pumpkin pancakes and their favorite coconut cheesy eggs. To my surprise, I enjoyed the experience as much as they did! I loved seeing the wonder on their faces as we mixed the ingredients and the satisfaction they got from helping make their food. Their smiles and joy made it worthwhile. It did my heart as much good as theirs.
We hope you and your family enjoy these recipes!
Pumpkin Pancakes by Jennifer Print Recipe Here
2 cups flour (1 c. white and 1 c. wheat flour, if you like!)
2 Tbsp. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. allspice
1 tsp. salt
1½ cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
4 eggs, separated
¼ cup butter
1. Sift together the dry ingredients.
2. Combine milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, and butter. Stir into dry ingredients.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff, fold into batter.
4. Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto a hot griddle. (I use a gravy ladle for silver dollar size pancakes). Cook until top is bubbly and turn over.
5. Top with butter and syrup.
Coconut Cheesy Eggs by Meagan Print Recipe Here
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup milk
Sprinkle of salt
Sprinkle of pepper
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1. Heat skillet over medium heat. Melt the coconut oil in a skillet.
2. Mix the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
4. Scramble the eggs and top with cheddar cheese.
Latest posts by Jennifer Valdois and Meagan Witt (see all)
- Food for the Soul- Pumpkin Pancakes and Coconut Cheesy Eggs - November 18, 2015