“He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.” 1 John 2:6 (NKJV)
“Instead of making a New Year’s resolution, consider committing to a biblical solution.” Mary Fairchild
- Take a moment to push the “pause” button and pray with your prayer partner. Pray together to ask the Lord to help you and your family to stay healthy and strong as you finish time with family and friends, begin taking down your decorations and simply recover. Ask God to help you remember the good from your holiday season.
- Dear sister, as another year is drawing to a close, it is time to ponder resolutions. Resolutions involve laying aside what didn’t work out so well and
making a strategic plan to make the New Year prosper. As Christian writer Mary Fairchild says, “Instead of a resolution, commit to a biblical solution.” Take a minute right now and ask the Lord to reveal to you any changes He wants you to make in your life. Jot down what you hear in your journal, and then grab your Bible for a very interactive Bible Study using the letters of the alphabet! This study has us delving into Scriptures that will guide us in the way we should live!
A Biblical Solution to Resolutions
Wow, hasn’t this “Wise Woman Abides” study just blessed your socks off? I have truly learned to love the word “abide.” There is no better place to be than in the arms of Jesus and in His presence! I pray that you have been encouraged in your mothering and that you feel equipped with the knowledge that God will supply your needs as you lean on His Holy Spirit.
Just like 1 John 2:6 states above, if we abide in Christ, we will want to walk like Christ. Personally, I plan to be proactive in the new year, especially with memorizing Scripture and having the Word of God stored up in my heart. I hope this alphabet “solution” will inspire you to walk out your faith, too.
A – Abide in Jesus
John 15:4, 1 John 3:24
B – Bread of life—Dine on it Daily
John 6:51, John 6:35
C – Confession
1 John 1:9, James 5:16
D – Do Unto Others
E – Evangelize
2 Timothy 4:1-2, Mark 16:15
F – Forgive
Matthew 6:15, Ephesians 1:7
G – Glorify
1 Corinthians 6:20, Psalm 86:12
H – Hope
Hebrews 6:19, Romans 5:5
I – Instruction
Proverbs 23:12, Proverbs 4:13
J – Justice
Isaiah 1:17, Zechariah 7:9
K – Kindness
L – Love One Another
John 13:34-35, Romans 12:10
M – Meditate on God’s Word
Joshua 1:8, Psalm 119:27
N – New Life
2 Corinthians 5:17
O – Obey the Voice of the Lord
Deuteronomy 13:4, Deuteronomy 28:1
P – Prayer
Philippians 4:6, 1 Peter 3:12
Q – Quiet spirit
1 Peter 3:3-4, Isaiah 32:17
R – Receive the Holy Spirit
Colossians 2:6-7, 1 Corinthians 2:12
S – Serve with Righteousness, Peace, and Joy
Romans 14:17-18, Psalm 100:2
T – Trust
U – Unashamed
Romans 1:16, 2 Timothy 2:15
V – Victorious in Faith
1 John 5:4b, 1 Corinthians 15:57
W – Worship
Psalm 95:6, 1 Chronicles 16:29
X – Ten Commandments
Deuteronomy 10:12, Exodus 20:1-17
Y – Yield
Z – Zealous
Proverbs 23:17, Proverbs 8:13
Blessings and Love,
Questions to Ponder
- Have you been reading the Word of God daily? If you haven’t been dining on the B-Bread of Life/ Word of God, now is the time to make this your first change in the new year. The Bible says in Matthew 4:4, “But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’” Make a decision to adopt a daily Bible reading plan starting on January 1st. You can find many of them on Bible apps or in devotional books.
- How are you doing in the arena of K-Kindness and S-Service? Have you been D-Doing Unto Others or L-Loving Others in the power of the Holy Spirit this past year? These verses encourage us to turn from a mediocre Christian walk to a G-Glorious one! If you aren’t familiar with C-Confessing your sins, try it this year. You will experience inner healing and God’s F-Forgiveness. P-Prayer and R-Receiving the Holy Spirit will undoubtedly give you N-New life! T-Trusting your steps to the Lord and leaning not on your own understanding will give you the bonus of a Q-Quiet and Y-Yielding spirit.
- Do you hear the V-Voice of God? A-Abiding and spending time with the Father will increase your ability to discern His still, small voice. M-Meditating on God’s faithfulness and Scripture will give you H-Hope, fill you with knowledge, and set you up for success. O-Obeying His Voice and observing the X-Ten Commandments will lead you toward J-Justice and a V-Victorious life!
Make a plan to memorize Scripture to store it up to refresh your soul. When an opportunity arises to share the good news, you’ll be able to E-Evangelize openly without hesitation or fear. Take each acrostic listed above and commit to memorizing one Bible verse a week. 45 Scriptures will put you all the way into November!
Print and laminate them, add to a keychain or carabiner for easy reference or write them out in a journal for daily reflection. Utilize a chalkboard/dry erase board at home so your family can join you with Bible memorization! Ask your kids to quiz you, and impart the importance of seeking I-Instruction. W– Worship the Lord as you succeed. I pray there are a lot of praise parties in your home this year. Continue to be U-Unashamed and Z-Zealous for God’s Word in the new year!
In her lifetime, she traveled the world exercising gifts of hospitality and a passion for missions. She now lives in the beautiful state of Colorado with her beloved husband Brian & busy crew.
She loves to be creative with cooking and meets friends for coffee. Rae-Ellen says,"My sweetest coffee dates are with Jesus!"