“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
Here are some great Mom Tips designed to help you to make this Christmas season meaningful and fun!Print out this list and keep it on your fridge all week check them off as you do them. Choose one tip or several!
Don’t try to do everything this Christmas season. Only do those activities which you and your husband prayerfully feel is right for your family! Let go of everything else! We will be giving you lots of ideas, but remember the Help Club motto: “You do you!”
The Wise Woman Builds Her Spirit:
- Give yourself permission to indulge in your favorite treats. You know you’re going to do it anyway, so enjoy it! Just be selective, so you’re not eating sweets purely out of convenience.
- Record Luke 2:9-14. Play this beautiful reminder over and over this week to remind you of the beautiful night our Savior was born!
The Wise Woman Loves Her Husband:
- Make plans to attend a local church’s Christmas program (just the two of you). Grab a coffee or dessert at your special place after the performance.
- Ask your husband what his favorite Christmas treat or tradition is and make that a priority to do with him or for him.
The Wise Woman Loves Her Children:
- Have a snowflake making contest. Even little ones can make simple snowflakes! See who can cut out the most detailed snowflake, the silliest, the most creative, the largest, the smallest, etc. Use the snowflakes to decorate windows in your home!
- Buy new matching pajamas for your kids to give them Christmas Eve. Everyone goes to bed with new, snuggly pajamas and you get adorable, coordinated pictures around the tree the next morning.
The Wise Woman Cares For Her Home:
- Make your home smell like Christmas! In a pan of water on the stove top, place a combination of apples or oranges, cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, bay leaves or cranberries (whatever you have on hand). Your house will be smelling festive in no time!
- Spend some time going through your children’s toys getting rid of the ones they no longer play with, and making room for their new ones. If the toys are in great condition and you have time, consider selling them on a trusted children’s “buy and sell” Facebook page.
- Sugar cookie decorating tip- instead of using flour to dust on the counter to roll out your dough, which can leave sugar cookies bland on the outside, use powder sugar to dust! It easily dissolves into the dough without leaving a dusty residue.
- Here’s an idea to accomplish the task of gift wrapping and keep your kids busy at the same time! Give your children supplies to make fun gift tags. They will love being involved in the gift-giving process and will have lots of fun too!