I just love that every September the world at large suggests drinking pumpkin creamer in their coffee. It’s as if fall doesn’t start until I have my hands wrapped around this warm beverage. As anyone with a coffee addiction knows, specialty coffees can really add up and make a dent in your budget. This homemade version is super yummy in comparison, cost-effective, and can be tweaked to your liking! Oh, and the extra benefit is that your home will smell delicious, so no need for pumpkin spice candles. Did I mention that you make it in your crockpot? Just dump in the ingredients and let those spices get acquainted!
Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Latte
By: Rae-Ellen Sanders
6 cups whole milk (vanilla almond milk is an amazing substitution)
6 cups strong brewed coffee, cooled
1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
4 Tbsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
2-3 cinnamon sticks
- Add brewed coffee and milk of choice in your crockpot.
- In separate bowl, mix pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and spices.
- Combine mixture in crock pot and stir.
- Toss in cinnamon sticks and cover.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- This will obviously render quite a bit of coffee to consume. Invite friends over for an afternoon of fellowship or store leftovers in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or try your Pumpkin Latte over ice.