“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:1
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9
Dear one, do you ever hear the enemy’s lies that you aren’t worthy? Perhaps he whispers, perhaps he shouts, but always, the message is this: “Who do you think you are to ______?” Fill in the blank with whatever it is that he tries to use to stop you in your tracks. Perhaps he comes with a message of your unworthiness to be a good wife, mother, or friend; or perhaps, it’s a message of unworthiness to be a daughter of God, to be a holy minister of reconciliation to the world around you, to speak into the lives of others and to bring light and life wherever you go. Whichever lie or lies you are being bombarded with, know this: You are worthy. But don’t take it from me. Take it from God Himself. Take it from His Word. He says:
- You are the righteousness of God through Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- You are holy and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12).
- You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Philippians 4:13).
- You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light (1 Peter 2:9).
- You are more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37).
- You are controlled not by the sinful nature, but by the Spirit (Romans 8:9).
- You have been given everything you need for life and godliness through your knowledge of Him who called you by His own glory and goodness (2 Peter 1:3).
- Your competence comes from God (2 Corinthians 3:4).
- You are always led in triumph by God (2 Corinthians 2:14).
- You are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. And through you, God spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Christ (2 Corinthians 2:14-15).
I could go on and on, but we only have so much time! When those thoughts pop up in your mind today, combat them with the Truth. Today, remember who you are in Christ. It’s not your worthiness that qualifies you for _____, it’s His! Strengthen yourself with God’s words about you. And if you’ve never done this, take some time to be still and ask your heavenly Father how He sees you. Wait for His answer. When He speaks or shows you how He sees you, I promise it will rock your world! Take that personal word or vision from the Lord, combine it with His written Word and your faith, and watch what happens when you KNOW — really, really know, deep-down — who you are. You, my friend, are a world-changer!
Blessings and Love,