I know that at times I need a gentle reminder that I am my husband’s companion; not a roommate, not a life partner, not merely a friend or comrade, but his dearest companion.
God made you your husband’s companion for this lifetime. You know the little inner workings of your man that no one else gets to see. I believe God gives us a huge advantage in being able to have a looking glass to see into our spouses’ heart. We get to see our husband be fully human, knowing that just like us, they have limitations, struggles, strengths, and all the little personality qualities that caused us to love them in the first place! Never forget about the things that drew you to your husband and created the bond you have together!
We can be the apples of our husbands’ eyes and heal hurt wounds that have surfaced through the years by having this “companion” mentality!
- Being a faithful companion is not always trying to change them, but learning how to walk alongside them.
- Being an uplifting companion means rooting for them; noticing the good they do and speaking out loud about it.
- Being a loving companion means not belittling, but admonishing and encouraging.
- Being a steadfast companion means not giving up when it gets tough but having the dedication to stay in the fight with your husband, never leaving his side.
- Being an intimate companion means not withholding affection and initiating intimacy.
It’s unrealistic to do all of these at once. Ask God to show you this week how you can love your husband well and in what area of companionship you can grow!
Krystle Porter and the Help Club For Moms Team
“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Latest posts by Krystle Porter (see all)
- Making Memories through God’s Creation: Summer of Joy Wk2Day4 - June 13, 2019
- Missionaries at Home Bingo- Printable - June 5, 2019
- Mom To Mom: Krystle - March 13, 2019