When we seek to abide in Christ and obey His teaching, we find that God is faithful to guide us in every area of our lives. Jesus says in John 14:26 that “the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things.” In our culture, we are bombarded with so many different eating plans and styles to battle the effects of the standard American diet that it can be overwhelming. If this is a struggle for you, I encourage you to pray and ask God what is best for you and your family. He created you (Psalm 139:13), and He is the Great Physician (Psalm 103:2-3). He will lead you to the best nutrition for you and your family.
Overnight Oatmeal is a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast option. Prepare this the night before, and it’s ready to go in the morning. You can also be creative with the toppings—the options are endless!
By: Jennifer Valdois
4 cups rice milk (or your favorite plant-based milk)
3 cups rolled oats
1⁄4 cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
A dash of sea salt
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rice milk and the oats.
- Stir in the chia seeds, cinnamon, and a dash of salt.
- Pour into jelly jars or leave mixture in bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight. The oats will soften and be ready to serve in the morning.
- Serve cold or warm up, if you’d rather. Top with pieces of banana, chopped walnuts, and maple syrup. This makes at least 4 servings, depending on your appetite. Portion any leftovers into individual serving containers and use the next day!
- Mom to Mom with Jennifer Easter Week One - February 20, 2021
- Praying Through Tough Times: Help Club for Moms Book - October 9, 2020
- Praying Through Tough Times: Help Club for Moms Companion Guide - October 9, 2020