Do you and your husband ever fall into the trap of only talking about the kids or schedules on date night? This used to happen to me and my husband all the time until we finally decided to make a change. To help counteract this routine, we began asking each other thoughtful questions when we were out on a date instead. Our recent conversations have been deeper and more meaningful as a result of them. Take this list with you the next time you are out with your hubby. You can also pray and ask God to help you come up with your own questions too!
- What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
- If money were not an option, what job would you have? Also, where would you want to live?
- What was your proudest moment?
- When you get to heaven, what one question do you want to ask God?
- What is the sweetest thing I ever did for you?
Another aspect of date night that can get stale is what you and your husband actually do. Going out to eat at a restaurant is always nice, but here are some ideas of other fun activities to do!
- Go on a hike and bring along a picnic.
- Visit a few model homes together and daydream/discuss ideas for your own home…or future home.
- Go to three different restaurants! One for appetizers, another for dinner, and then another (or bakery) for dessert. This idea is also a lot of fun if you can park near all the restaurants and then walk from place to place. A cute downtown adds to the festivity!
- Attend a concert, musical, TED talk, art gallery opening, or science exhibit together. Discuss this part of culture and why you like or dislike it.
- Go to Barnes and Noble and browse books together. Sit in the cafe and have a coffee or scone. Bring a pack of cards or the questions from above and just relax. Most Barnes and Nobles are open until 10:00 on the weekends!