“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
The Challenge of Early Mornings
This week, Tommy challenges us to begin each day with God. As busy moms, it’s easy to want to sleep until our children wake us up in the morning. However, waking up to the demands of the day is no way to optimize our joy. To have a joy-filled day, we need to schedule our first minutes with our Heavenly Father.
We have access to the all-knowing, all-powerful Creator of the Universe!
Wake up at least 15 minutes earlier each day for your Early Morning Joy Ritual. What can you do in that time to prepare yourself mentally and spiritually?
1. Saturate your mind with Scripture.
2. Develop a prayer routine.
3. Review your personal mission statement, goals, and priorities.
4. Be still and remind yourself that God is in control.
5. Take time daily to re-surrender every area of your life to Him.
6. Contemplate the size and scope of God. Remind yourself that any problem
is small compared to your Heavenly Father.
When we fill our hearts and minds with Scripture first thing in the morning and refocus our hearts on God’s purpose for our lives, we are in the best position to love and guide our family with joy.
Blessings and love,
- Get up for your children instead of to your children in the mornings. Set your
alarm clock to wake up before your children—it’s worth it!
- Create a quiet time basket with everything you need for your time with God. Gather your Bible, journal, devotional, Bonus Joy Builders, music, and anything else to help you create a joyful start to your day.