‘I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” John 14:16-18 (NASB)
“Holy Spirit, You are welcome here. Come, flood this place and fill the atmosphere. Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for, To be overcome by Your presence, Lord.” Kari Jobe, Holy Spirit
- Sweet sister, it’s time to turn our focus from the demands of the day to find refreshing moments with our Savior! As you seek the Lord’s presence, whisper or sing the words from Kari Jobe’s song or find it on YouTube to help you invite the Holy Spirit into your midst. Come Holy Spirit!
The Power of the Holy Spirit
At the very moment we repented of our sins and first asked Jesus into our hearts, true conversion happened, and the Holy Spirit began to dwell in us. His limitless power and wisdom came to live inside us, giving us the confidence that we are the children of God and have an eternal life in heaven. What an amazing gift!
Romans 8:14 tells us, “For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.” If you are a daughter of the King then you have access to the Holy Spirit!
The Holy Spirit is God. He is a member of the triune Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He has access to all wisdom and knowledge. Before Jesus left his bodily form on earth, he told His disciples in John 14:16-18 that they would not be alone and that he would send a Helper that would be with them forever. The Scripture goes on to say that He abides with us and will be in us. When we abide in Him, He leads us continually into truth, causing us to grow spiritually.
When the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of us, we have direct access to Him at any time and He also gives us spiritual gifts that God uses to help empower the body of Christ to accomplish the work of His Kingdom on this earth (1 Corinthians 12:1-11).
Jesus told his followers that when they received the Holy Spirit that they would be “clothed with power from on High” (Luke 24:49). This power changes a heart into a radical one, empowered with the ability to forgive, overlook offenses, to understand the spiritual realm, exemplify fierce courage, uncanny boldness, miracle power to heal sick and even raise the dead. Any Christian daring to invite the Spirit to empower them can experience the same spiritual gifts that were operating in the early church.
I love when Deb Weakly shares that we all have the same Holy Spirit—there is no Junior Holy Spirit—we all have the same measure of the Holy Spirit. She paints a picture of God pouring soup ladles of His Spirit into all of us. The same Holy Spirit who lived in Billy Graham and other amazing Christians lives inside of us. It’s not that they had more of the Spirit; they just nurtured their relationships with God, and we can too! To what degree will you to allow the Holy Spirit to infuse you with His presence and His power? I pray a tremendous season of awakening and revival in your spirit and that you will live and move and have your being in Him (Acts 17:28).
Blessings and Love,
Questions to Ponder
- Do you hunger for more in your Christian walk? Do you want to know more of Him and love Him more? This desire is your inner man yearning for more of the Holy Spirit. You aren’t crying for something you don’t have, but rather for more awareness and knowledge of what has already been given to you. Have you ever sought to have a relationship with the Holy Spirit? You can have the life-giving presence of the Holy Spirit in your life in an overflowing amount if you simply ask.
It’s time to go deeper! Simply ask for the Holy Spirit to fall fresh on you. Give Him full access to your heart, soul, and life. Ask for the power of the Holy Spirit and the courage to exercise the spiritual gifts God has given you.
In her lifetime, she traveled the world exercising gifts of hospitality and a passion for missions. She now lives in the beautiful state of Colorado with her beloved husband Brian & busy crew.
She loves to be creative with cooking and meets friends for coffee. Rae-Ellen says,"My sweetest coffee dates are with Jesus!"
Latest posts by Rae-Ellen Sanders (see all)
- Cinnamon Overnight Bread Pudding With Cream Cheese Syrup - December 5, 2018
- Mom To Mom: Rae-Ellen - November 20, 2018
- Make the Most of Your Time With Your Kids! - November 15, 2018