“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘The just shall live by faith.’” Romans 1:16-18 (NKJV)
“Rest in this—it is His business to lead, command, impel, send, call or whatever you want to call it. It is your business to obey, follow, move, respond, or what have you.” Jim Elliott
- Pray with your prayer partner today. If you have trouble connecting, keep trying! This one habit will truly change your life and the life of your friend!
- Dear Sister, we all go through hardships in life…situations that take us by surprise, circumstances that keep us up at night with worry, fear and heartache. The Bible reassures us that God never leaves us or forsakes us and reminds us to walk in obedience. The deeper we dive into His Word— the greater He brings His purpose to the surface in our lives. Why not dive in together today! Find 1 Kings 8:57-58 in the NIV. Highlight it in your Bible and then write it down in your journal.
The Wise Woman Obeys and Stays in Faith!
Often, faith involves obedient action. The fishermen dropped their nets, Peter stepped out of the boat, the blind man washed in the pool, Rahab put a chord in her window and hid the spies, Ruth laid at the feet of Boaz, Abraham offered Isaac as the burnt offering, the wise men followed the star, Noah built the ark, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego walked into the furnace, and the list goes on! What is God asking you to do in faith?
My husband and I have been going through a season of standing in faith for provision as my husband obediently produces a film that God has called him to make without full investment. The world would say that our actions are irresponsible or even foolish. Sometimes, God calls us to do things even when we don’t know how it’s going to turn out, however, obedience is living by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).
We believe God honors those who obey, as indicated by the examples mentioned earlier. 1 Samuel 15:22 (NLT) says, “Obedience is better than sacrifice.”
God is teaching me how simple it is to receive from Him during this season. I have learned to ask detailed questions because He has specific and exact answers to give. One of the most beautiful things about my relationship with the Lord is that I can seek Him anytime and find Him (Deuteronomy 4:29, Matthew 7:8).
He is not a far off, distant Savior but one who wants me to walk with Him as if I were Eve in the garden, seeking the plan He has for me and chatting all day long.
Although we have confidence that God is for us, there is an enemy who plants doubt and worry in our minds. I can’t deny that I need to bind worry and remember God’s call on my life to stay in the faith. Matthew 6:27 probes, “Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” I’ve realized that during my trials and tribulations, worrying becomes pointless! Putting my faith in God, obeying what He says, and refusing to worry glorifies God and actually fights off the enemy.
Contend by trusting that God is with you all the time and has given you authority and victory in Jesus. Let me encourage you to trust that our Heavenly Father’s love and power working for you is stronger than the devil’s ability to harm you.
Believing is a big deal! Just look at the centurion soldier, Daniel, David, and Abraham.
Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.” (Romans 4:20-22)
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. (Hebrews 11:8)
We don’t always know where God is directing us or for what purpose He is doing it. Sometimes, He reveals His plan, and sometimes we need to walk in faith. The good news is that Jesus has overcome the world! Jesus Himself said that anyone who loves Him will obey His teaching (John 14:23). Obeying Jesus and the Word of God is crucial in our Christian walk. To be overcomers, we need to trust and obey. Do you remember the old hymn, “Trust & Obey”? It says, “Trust and obey for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey!”
Blessings and Love,
Questions to Ponder
- Do you believe God has a plan for your life?
- Do you believe He goes before you to prepare the way? God knows the plans He has for us. He is a God of the future, not just the past: He goes before us and prepares the way. In Genesis 28:15, God declares, “I am with you and I will watch over you wherever you go…I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
- Do you have promises from Scripture that you cling to? God’s promises are meant to encourage us in the day of trial; we are meant to treasure them and store them up. Read Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 18:32, and Romans 8:28. Find more verses that encourage you to obey and write them in your journal. Be tenacious for God’s promises and be a woman who obeys and believes God for big things!
The Bible is full of stories of men and women of great faith that obeyed and were rewarded for their faith and obedience. Many great Christians like Jim Elliott, Corrie Ten Boom, Hudson Taylor, George Mueller, Amy Carmichael, and more have trusted God with their very lives and obeyed God’s call. Their courageous faith has been written down in history for us to follow. Read the stories of these heroes of faith to your children. They will inspire you to have great faith, to obey regardless of circumstances, and not worry.
In her lifetime, she traveled the world exercising gifts of hospitality and a passion for missions. She now lives in the beautiful state of Colorado with her beloved husband Brian & busy crew.
She loves to be creative with cooking and meets friends for coffee. Rae-Ellen says,"My sweetest coffee dates are with Jesus!"
Latest posts by Rae-Ellen Sanders (see all)
- Cinnamon Overnight Bread Pudding With Cream Cheese Syrup - December 5, 2018
- Mom To Mom: Rae-Ellen - November 20, 2018
- Make the Most of Your Time With Your Kids! - November 15, 2018