Here’s Meagan Witt, one of HCFM’s Meal Masters With This Weeks Food For the Soul!
Hello, Mamas! This week, we have been learning about who Jesus is to us. For weeks, my family has been fighting a horrible flu bug. While caring for my sick children, I was reminded that Jesus is the Ultimate Healer.
Exodus 23:25 tells us, “Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.”
Let us all remember to give Him thanks when we are healthy and to call upon His name when we are not.
Whether your family is currently fighting sickness or is in perfect health, this hearty chicken and rice soup will bring comfort to your soul and nourishment to your body.
I hope you enjoy!
Papa’s Hearty Chicken and Rice Soup Print Recipe
2 pounds chicken drumsticks
Half a cup of rice
four celery stalks (chopped)
half an onion (chopped)
four garlic cloves (minced)
four carrots (chopped)
one Jalapeño (chopped) (if desired)
1. Place drumsticks, water, salt and pepper in the dutch oven on medium heat. Bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes.
2. Chop veggies. Add rice and veggies to dutch oven. Cook for additional 20 minutes.
3. Remove drumsticks from the pot. Shred the chicken off the bone then add shredded chicken back to the pot.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Meagan and her husband had a powerful encounter with God in 2013. In a matter of three weeks, they left everything and everyone their family knew and followed a call from God to pioneer across the country, to the beautiful state of Colorado.
Here, they found a passion for Jesus and the mountains became a part of them. Meagan is learning to believe God for the dreams He placed in her heart, and how to love the people He brings into her life well. She desires to live a life completely out of the ordinary and led by the Holy Spirit.
You can find Meagan with a baby on her hip, chasing dreams, learning to live in the moment, kissing babies and her hubby, capturing moments, and collecting memories.
The two things Meagan most wants to come to mind when someone says her name is “that woman loves well and has fierce faith.” His praises will ever be on her lips…..
Latest posts by Meagan Witt (see all)
- Christmas Cookie Dough Swap Recipe: Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies - November 24, 2017
- Mamas, do you Dare to Dream? - July 7, 2017
- The Shaping Hands of God - June 16, 2017