“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
I was recently reminded by a mom, more experienced and wiser than myself, that when my children feel filled inside with my love, they are more inclined to obey me and are better able to internalize the lessons I attempt to teach them about the Lord. How true this is! In fact, when I take the time to cover my children with my love, our days go so much smoother than those in which I am rushed and impatient.
Proverbs 22:6 instructs us to “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” This wise and wonderful mama reminded me that we are called to disciple our sweet children, as Jesus discipled his closest friends, by positively teaching them to identify good and turn away from wrong, and showing them how to live out the love of Christ. We can lead our children by example as we show them love in a meaningful way!
I was encouraged to think of five ways I could fill each of my children’s hearts on a daily basis and have shared a few below. Would you join me in discovering effective ways in which you can uniquely fill your child’s need for love? I promise you will see a difference in your days with your children as I have seen in mine!
Here are my Five Ways to Fill Your Child’s Heart Today:
- Look into his eyes and tell him one thing I appreciate about him.
- Connect by spending at least fifteen minutes together each day doing something he enjoys.
- Pray out loud with him and for him.
- Stop what I am doing and look at him while he is talking to me.
- Engage with him a few minutes before bedtime by snuggling and talking about his day.
What are your five ways to fill each of your children’s hearts this week?
- The Greatest Gift You Can Give to Your Husband: Companion Guide - September 8, 2020
- The Greatest Gift You Can Give to Your Husband: Help Club for Moms Book - September 8, 2020
- Don’t Overlook the Little Things Mama - August 1, 2020