“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” John 6:63 (Emphasis Mine)
If you can hear the voice of God for yourself, you can hear it for your husband! There is nothing better than getting a word from God’s heart. You can do this every day for yourself, but it’s also an amazing gift to give your husband.
All it takes to get a word from God for your husband is asking God a question on behalf on your husband. Just like you can sit and ask Him a question for yourself, you can insert your husband’s name and ask about him. It’s just that easy. God loves our husbands. And He has a lot to say about them!
Psalm 139 is such a beautiful Psalm. I suggest that you read the whole thing and consider just how much God loves you (and your husband!). God knows your husband so well, so intimately. He created him, He goes before and behind him, He knit him together in his mother’s womb. There is nothing that was or is hidden from God about your husband.
So ask Him! Ask Him how He sees your husband. Ask Him what He has to say to or about your husband. Seek the Lord for answers to problems that your husband is facing. Go to the Lord on your husband’s behalf, and you will be so blessed by it!
And remember: God’s words of prophecy are always encouraging and they always bring LIFE! Never use prophecy as a weapon against him or a way of pushing your own agenda.
I promise you, that as you bless your husband, you yourself will be blessed! It is a privilege to hear the Father’s heart for your husband and to see just how much He loves the one that you love.
Questions to ask God:
- How do You see my husband? Please show me.
- What do You (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) each have to say about my husband?
- What do You have to say about this particular situation that my husband is facing?
- What is on Your heart for my husband today?
- What Bible character do You say my husband is like? And why?
- You can turn any question that you would ask for yourself into a question for your husband. So if you just asked God a really awesome question for yourself, ask Him what He has to say or what He has to show you about your husband too. Have fun with it!
Linda and the Help Club for Moms Team